Is the youtube community supportive enough??

harvOGK12

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was reading some comments on bigger channels such as WillNE and others and saw a good percentage of the comments were always something negative and unneeded, I understand people will always hate but I will ask this... Do YOU feel the youtube community is supportive enough? by that I mean giving feedback not just hating and bigger youtubers help smaller youtubers grow etc etc...

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well, it's a complicated question to ask, everything has two sides to it. Are all youtubers/viewers supportive? No. Are most of them supportive? Probably not. Is there a majority that does as much as they possibly can? I do believe so.

Everyone gets haters, and the bigger they are the more haters they'll have. Bigger tubers helping smaller ones is a perspective issue, there's plenty of say 10mil subscriber tubers collaborating with 1-3mil subscriber tubers, but do you consider that as helping out smaller tubers? Or just friendship between people with "large" audiences.

I do think there's a lack of people helping out less fortunate viewers, like in the past pewdiepie used his #1 spot to hold a contest and out of it we got jacksepticeye, that was an amazing decision by someone with a large following giving back to the community, personally I don't see much of that anymore, there's probably a lot of really amazing content creators that go completely unnoticed due to youtube algorithm and simply not having any support from the community. Not even saying that as a creator myself, I'm just a tadpole in a big pond, I know I have a way's to go, but someone that's been at this for a year, or two years, maybe even longer with hundreds if not thousands of good videos going completely unnoticed is a possibility.

But I don't know, I do find that there's a lot of people that want to help, with feedback, with criticism, etc. Maybe even mention your name in places. There could be more, but at the end of the day the people themselves decide whether they want to help out or not.

Me personally if I had a following of people who turned to my content for entertainment and were so supportive like all the big tubers have I sure as hell would be giving them exposure whenever I could.

Reactions: Devin

harvOGK12

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I dont actually think some of the bigger people are that supportive even worse and have you been seeing all of this fake copyright claims recently :/

YouTubers United Podcast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The average youtube comment is a nightmare. On that level, no; it's not supportive at all.
But I find that my subscribers are much (much!) more engaging than the average person who stumbles along my content. On that level, yes! Very supportive!

As for bigger YouTubers supporting smaller ones: many, especially those who are full time, are working 40-60 hour weeks. It's not their responsibility to 'support' or review other creators.
That being said, it's nice when they do and I see it all the time: shoutouts, end card promotions, encouraging comments- it happens!

Reactions: Devin

Yoursharkfriend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
I think that on this forum people are WAY more supportive of each other then on YouTube. Because on YouTube it seems people are more interested in helping themselves only. And here everyone helps each other grow. I feel like that because of all the sub4sub which they don't even do when you sub to them so i know they are just all talk.

harvOGK12

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
@Yoursharkfriend yeah but this is for sure one of the best youtube forums, I havent ran into anyone thats here just to speak down on others everyones really nice here plus I got like 5 subs in two days :) may not sound like a lot but for me it is xD

avilsd

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Lol I could care less about the haters. I've gotten to a point where I'm backlogged on responding to messages, but I usually block anybody I can that is hateful or negative. My block list is pretty big already and it will only keep growing. In the future I'll hire a team just to monitor comments and interact with people just because I want a positive environment for the good subs.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was reading some comments on bigger channels such as WillNE and others and saw a good percentage of the comments were always something negative and unneeded, I understand people will always hate but I will ask this... Do YOU feel the youtube community is supportive enough? by that I mean giving feedback not just hating and bigger youtubers help smaller youtubers grow etc etc...
It is always negative. People hate success because they themselves don't have it. And negative people are always very vocal. The other things you always see is people trying to promote themselves, which is one of the main no-no's.

I feel the community is as supportive as it needs to be. You have to read trough the negativity and focus on the postitivity. I am a smaller YouTuber, and as such I don't get near the level of hate the big channels do. When I do I either leave it be or outright ban the person from ever commenting again depending on the severity of the hateful comment. I am glad I am a smaller YouTuber in that regard, I can still police my channel.

MonniiBee

The Lightwrighter
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Reporter, Vlogger
probably not, people online tend to be really rude and mean for no reason. But you just have to surround yourself with those that you know care about you and do support your work and passion!

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Honestly it all boils down to how your fanbase is. If you have a toxic personality, your fanbase is going to be toxic (look at leafy.) If you have a loyal fanbase the comments will be fine. Regardless there is always going to be trolls, nothing you can do about it.