Is the youtube community supportive enough??

harvOGK12

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Honestly it all boils down to how your fanbase is. If you have a toxic personality, your fanbase is going to be toxic (look at leafy.) If you have a loyal fanbase the comments will be fine. Regardless there is always going to be trolls, nothing you can do about it.
I just saw your video on sharree xD

avilsd

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Honestly it all boils down to how your fanbase is. If you have a toxic personality, your fanbase is going to be toxic (look at leafy.) If you have a loyal fanbase the comments will be fine. Regardless there is always going to be trolls, nothing you can do about it.
Yeah Casey Neistat's section for the most part is pretty dope ;) and thats something compared to his size..

haley&connor

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think this forum is a much more active and reliable support system compared to YouTube itself! I have found so many inspirational people on this site and am so thankful to have found it! I appreciate the comments we do get on our channel though :)

georgia grace

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
not to sound like a preachy old man but youtube truly isn't what it used to be. i think a lot more people see it as a competition of who can get the most subs, the most views, and the most money. i remember years ago when it was all just collab channels and webcam videos of people documenting their lives and talking back and forth. these days it seems like most people are just out for themselves, doing whatever they can to further their own channel. i obviously still love aspects of youtube or i wouldn't be posting myself, but it's definitely less of a "community" than it once was.

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
on my channel I see a lot of really kind comments, but after hitting 100k I've also seen a couple more nasty ones. (not always just calling my content bad, but just nasty things about me)
I think some viewers just believe you should have a certain many subs and if you have more than what they believe you deserve they get mad. Same thing happens with pewdiepie all the time,

things were nice back in the early years, but there's still plenty of nice people now

blackomen52

Reaction score
They sure are better than reddit users. But it can depend a lot on your category and the quality of your videos.