Is It Too Late To Start On YouTube?

Tiffany Amber

Reaction score
I definitely relate to this dilemna!

What I've found is that today you have to let go of any shame and get out there! Promote your channel in person, with your family, with your friends...

You have to make new friends! I have met a ton of awesome people through youtube and am always open to connecting with more :)

Love and light

Reactions: adams eats

Qball

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have one simple answer to your question. Hell naw it's not too late to join the youtube business!! Yes, it may be saturated with proliferate amount of youtubers, but youtube is like any other business, it's not a get rich quick scam or anything like that. I mean this literally and figuratively rather you're during it to potentially make money or just to have a good number of people to view your content. While people are in the forum complaining, you can be using that precious time creating new youtube content on a consistent, weekly basis. This is key, because the more great quality content you create, the more views you will obtain and that will lead to more subscribers. Also, you need to research the top trending youtube content that youtubers are creating and jump on that ship. I believe there's a good variety and find the one that fits you.

If you're hungry and really want this to be your passion, your career, you have to go and get it. No one is going to just give it to you. I can go on with this topic, but I believe this is good enough.

Qball

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think the answer is no, maybe youtube has at least another 3-7 years, and probably once it starts dying big youtubers will make a new website!
I disagree, youtube is going to be stay big for at least a decade or more. How exactly will youtube die so soon, it at the top of the hierarchy chart when compared to twitch, dailymotion, vimeo, facebook live, and any other similar websites. Now it would be hard for another company to develop a new website to compete with youtube/ youtube gaming because the question is, what makes you different or bigger and better. If people are implementing youtube into their daily lives, spending many hours on a daily basis, I just can see how youtube will die soon. Its not! Now, these other sites may die. It's crazy how youtube gaming just launched last year and already surpassed twitch. People are not tired of youtube. A media that is dieing or already dead are Vines.[DOUBLEPOST=1488072677,1488071790][/DOUBLEPOST]
All I'll say is that all the time you're procrastinating over whether you should or shouldn't do it, someone is else IS doing it and will take your place. I've been at it 7 months, I didn't expect to have this many subscribers this early on. Yes I could get more but I don't know how yet lol.

If you make good videos and do what youtube wants (watch time) you'll grow. If you upload once a month film using a brick in vertical format and do nothing to promote your channel, guess what....you won't succeed. I get far more out of youtube in 7 months than I ever did in 6 years as a food blogger.
That's funny, I just posted a response that's similar to yours, in terms of people complaining in the forums while others are using this time promoting themselves and succeeding in the youtube business. I guess great minds do think alike. Wow you been at it for 7 months, congratulations. You answered your own question in terms of obtaining more subscribers, definitely promote yourself more in forums, and social media. I think you already figured it out :)

Reactions: adams eats

elasticcat

Reaction score
Never to late to become a YouTube Star! In fact this is the perfect time considering video marketing is hotter than ever. You are right there are a lot of people trying to make it big on YouTube, but guess what, there will always be! You have an opportunity to make yourself stand out from the crowd an appeal to your ideal audience. Not to mention if you learn some video seo, you can get your videos more visible than your competition.

Reactions: Qball

BeanTubes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It is never too late to start YouTube it is just a lot of hard work to stand out as you say the YouTube community is huge and over saturated with content creators. But I do think that it is possible to make become something on the platform with lots of hard work.

Nathan Williams

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is something I've been thinking about a lot lately and now I've found this forum, I'd like to get your guys' opinion on it.

Having only started uploading videos a few months ago it can be easy to feel that the market is already saturated and there are too many YouTubers already out there doing what you're doing. Is there ever a time that is too late to start on YouTube? Have we missed the boat?

What got me thinking is that recently I've noticed a few of the bigger YouTubers saying things like "when I got started YouTube wasn't big so I've grown with it" and "when I began there was much less out there and fewer people to compete with" - which I understand, and in some respects I agree. When the original 'famous' YouTubers first signed up and started making videos there were a lot less channels, meaning they were easier to find, and now there are more users than ever they have been able to continue to grow in accordance with that.

But on the other hand this is the biggest YouTube has ever been and it is quickly becoming one of the biggest social media platforms/online communities in the world, so is it just as good to start now whilst YouTube is at it's peak?

I find myself always torn between "I've started YouTube too late" and "YouTube is just going to get bigger and bigger so now is as good a time as any".

What're you views on this?
It's never too late to start a YouTube channel so go for it :D

Qball

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It is never too late to start YouTube it is just a lot of hard work to stand out as you say the YouTube community is huge and over saturated with content creators. But I do think that it is possible to make become something on the platform with lots of hard work.
This post is so true. To add on, you have to do your own research to understand the business and how you can grow. You will also learn that you can implement your own strategy that best suits you, once you understand the system. After you do that, then just continue to create great quality content on a consistent basis, be interactive, and input your own style (this will differentiate yourself from the crowd since its only your style). I guarantee when you follow these guidelines, on top of having patience, commitment, accountability, and other characteristics, you will receive fans/followers.

Reactions: BeanTubes

Qball

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's never too late to start a YouTube channel so go for it :D
I agree. That's why I started literally during the end of January (last month) and wasn't intimidated to jump on board this late. You can check out my channel to see that I'm committed :) Make sure to support.[DOUBLEPOST=1488152376,1488151622][/DOUBLEPOST]
Never to late to become a YouTube Star! In fact this is the perfect time considering video marketing is hotter than ever. You are right there are a lot of people trying to make it big on YouTube, but guess what, there will always be! You have an opportunity to make yourself stand out from the crowd an appeal to your ideal audience. Not to mention if you learn some video seo, you can get your videos more visible than your competition.
This is so true. Also, if you're someone who is a "Get Rich Quick" type of person, and expecting for your videos to go viral everytime (meaning receiving lots of views within a day/few days), then good luck with that because luck plays a huge part and it rarely happens. But if you're patient and committed and take the youtube business seriously, its only a matter of time that you'll succeed :) I don't know about you guys, but I just joined and am committed, and you can see it for yourselves in my channel.

Reactions: elasticcat

AdmUp

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've come to realise anyone who becomes "YouTube Famous" is so because they enjoy doing YouTube, recording, editing etc.. and it show's through their video's.
"Doing YouTube" is just something you want and like to do. Whether time comes into it is irrelevant, but that's just me.

Conclusion. Get stuck in! :)

Last edited:

Qball

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've come to realise anyone who becomes "YouTube Famous" is so because they enjoy doing YouTube, recording, editing etc.. and it show's through their video's.
"Doing YouTube" is just something you want and like to do. Whether time comes into it is irrelevant, but that's just me.

Conclusion. Get stuck in! :)
Well said :)

Reactions: AdmUp