Is cooking channel not a good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooking4Noobs

I've Got It
Reaction score
Cooking channel here! I also have a german channel "Kochnoob" which sits at around 4k subs. So yeah, cooking channel = great idea ;).

Reactions: WokingWithWill

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I have a cooking channel! And yes you absolutely can be successful in it. Look at top channels like food wishes, sorted food, my virgin kitchen and Scott rea project. All very successful. I agree that yes, make it your own and be yourself. I tend to do traditional recipe type videos, but a lot of the time I mix it up with my sense of humour, which you'll see in its full glory at 5pm GMT tonight when my latest video goes up! Lol. It's worth looking at other channels and looking at there first videos and there latest to see how they changed and adapted. Let me know if you set it up, I'd love to see what you do ☺

Reactions: WokingWithWill

WokingWithWill

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have a cooking channel! And yes you absolutely can be successful in it. Look at top channels like food wishes, sorted food, my virgin kitchen and Scott rea project. All very successful. I agree that yes, make it your own and be yourself. I tend to do traditional recipe type videos, but a lot of the time I mix it up with my sense of humour, which you'll see in its full glory at 5pm GMT tonight when my latest video goes up! Lol. It's worth looking at other channels and looking at there first videos and there latest to see how they changed and adapted. Let me know if you set it up, I'd love to see what you do ☺
Hi Adam,

Thanks for the great tip. I will check out other channel to see how they started. Your videos are awesome too. My channel is already setup so you can check it out. I probably will change the format somewhat as I get more experience but I think it is getting a little better after a month of testing camera angles and different way of editing.

Reactions: adams eats

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hi Adam,

Thanks for the great tip. I will check out other channel to see how they started. Your videos are awesome too. My channel is already setup so you can check it out. I probably will change the format somewhat as I get more experience but I think it is getting a little better after a month of testing camera angles and different way of editing.
Just subscribed. I'll be looking at some of those delicious looking dishes later when I get home ☺

WokingWithWill

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Cooking channel here! I also have a german channel "Kochnoob" which sits at around 4k subs. So yeah, cooking channel = great idea ;).
Nice channel you got there

I'm trying to see if thereshe any forums or communities just for food youtubers. If I find any I'll let you know ☺
Thanks, that would be very helpful

WIT Thinks

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I enjoy watching cooking channels but it really depends on what they are cooking and also the style of the video. I'm not a fan of the simple hand held camcorder as it looks very amateurish. You could differentiate yourself more with a bit of research and find out what people are doing most and what they are doing less.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Cooking channel not a good idea? Epic Meal Time has proven that statement invalid a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.