Status
Not open for further replies.

WokingWithWill

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi All,

I see a lot of people doing video game and vlog videos. Are cooking channels not popular whatsoever?

ocslushie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
They're not as popular and it'll be pretty hard to become YouTube famous off cooking channels, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it. Cooking channels are a smaller community, so it'll be easier to grow and rise to the top. Also if you are creative enough or have an interesting niche, it'll be a lot easier to be successful. One more thing, don't let popularity stop you from making videos, just have fun and enjoy it! :D

Reactions: WokingWithWill

Nanonium

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
a cooking channel can be successful, if everybody is doing video games and vlogs (which their not all doing, that is a popular video type however) you can dominate cooking genre, however there are other cooking channels, don't just cook, add your own twist to it, a small or big twist, make it entertaining for the viewer

HausofN7

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think they can be popular as well! Just make it yours you know! Just because there are others doesn't mean it should stop you from doing what you love. :)

Ewan Wilson

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Cooking channels are a great idea - just make sure your a good cook!

You need to have good quality cameras and a good explanation on what you are doing. A great channel to follow from would be a channel called How To Cake It or search a Yolanda Gamp. This women explains well on how to bake her cakes.

When you are cooking also show the ingredients well and explain why you put these in so the viewers will learn some knowledge.

If you need any questions just message me over YtTalk! Thanks

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Make it interesting and make it your own! I haven´t seen a lot of cooking channels though!

Entityofsin

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Start with what you know. Could even do videos where you experiment with a certain food to get a certain result. Like taking the idea of meat balls and instead of pork or beef you use a different type of meat. I did that with chicken and made spicy chicken meat balls. Although I did it because I was hungry and wanted something different. lol

The one thing that cooking content has over other content verticals is food is something that brings people together. It is something that will grow on its own and you can post pictures of your dishes and meals to instagram and flickr with hashtags and other seo search data to drive traffic to your videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.