S.A.D

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am new to YouTube, about 1 month and a half and in that time I have has 37 subs. first off this that good. think it is. Also in the past week there has not being any new subs but that is expected. My question is. I have quite a few views on my vids, some from 50-150 or more. yet the comment/like/dislike or sub status does not change much. Is this normal. I do say comment and sub in the vids but I do wonder.

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Yeah that's common when you start out, don't worry about and just focus on making good videos :)

Reactions: Bombiebru

S.A.D

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hope ur right. Like i said I'm new to this so it's a learning curb

PsySpy Gaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
There's always something new to learn. For instance, I've been doing this steadily for about two and a half months now and I'm just now getting into attempting the more complicated (like timing related and such like that) editing. I started recording my sound separately about a month ago (to smooth out the sound and get rid of background noise). My equipment is pretty sub-par as I'm using a cheap webcam and a cheap mic, my computer and any creativity I might have is all that I have to rely on.

S.A.D

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Equipment is a crucial part if it. And I have the equipment. Still need one or two other items, but overall I'm set. The power of amazon

PsySpy Gaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I need a better mic and a better camera. The ones I have get me by. The cheaper mic is a lot more sensitive but also picks up a lot more background noise, which means more time editing in Audacity. I think YouTube is more about Technique and Quality than flat Equipment. My Quality is fine but not perfect. I need to work on my Technique. Equipment is great but that comes with time and what expendable money you can spend.

S.A.D

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I like to think I have good quality vids. I use a rode nt-usb mic and run it through audacity and I use either the logitech C920 or my Panasonic camcorder. They give good picture and I then render and edit through Sony vagas

PsySpy Gaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Sounds like you're pretty well set up on the equipment side. One of my buddies uses a RODE and he's quite fond of it as his primary mic, then there's his Audio Technica. Then again he has like a dozen different mics that he uses for different things. I tell him he should use his cameras for recording but he's always worried that they'll get too hot.

I haven't decided what I like best for editing software. Currently I'm using Sony Vegas but I've heard that a lot of people prefer Adobe Premiere. I'm somewhat undecided on the topic but then I've only used and gotten used to Sony Vegas recently.

S.A.D

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I hear adobe has faster render times. The problem I would have is learning a completely new software. Just getting photoshop to work for thumbnails was a b***h. But I would eventually learn...though the effort

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
A thing that might increase the commenting, is to reply to the comments that are made!
it´s normal not to have a lot of comments/likes/dislikes at the beginning!