If you want your channel critiqued, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
would love some feedback man! would be amazing

Okay let's go:

*Great thumbnails! Really draw you in.

*Consistent upload schedule. Nice and crisp avatar/banner art.

*On the Black Ops 3 vid I feel some light hearted goofy music may compliment your sarcastic humour. The game's mainly SFX so it should hopefully fit nicely.

*Your voice was picking up your analogues etc. You're also popping the mic a bit so it might be a bit too close to your voice or set too high on sensitivity. I'd also advise compressing the audio so it doesn't peak too high.

*With the Minecraft vids I'd cut 'em down a bit. A lot of people are put off from uploads higher than 20 mintues. Jump cuts would help make the commentary concise and focused.

*Be careful of audio volume. I check out your 'anal penetration' (=S) video and I couldn't hear your commentary at all at some points.

Mainly just make sure you're conscious of the mixing and cut down any filler =][DOUBLEPOST=1456959832,1456959218][/DOUBLEPOST]
Seems like you've got a load of requests and I'm a bit late to the party so I understand if you don't get a chance but I'd love for you to review my channel

https://www.youtube.com/rgsace93

Okay focusing on this vid in particular:

*Thumbnail text is a bit tame. The lack of a border makes it blend into the background image so some black lining would make it pop more.

*I'd suggest zooming onto the images you use a bit more. Character's faces, weapons, power stances etc to exemplify the overall theme of the video. If it's too far away and the viewer has to zoom in to see the details of a thumbnail you're in trouble.

*Great AV Quality.

*Very neat sub prompt!

*Commentary sometimes gets a bit blurred with the gameplay. Make sure your commentary is compressed and stays above the gameplay.

*Some of the game's more subtle music may benefit your video. Especially the bit when you're explaining the different battles going on between each character.

*Great use of the endslate.

*Also concerning the overall channel I'd suggest more consistent videos. Recently you've been mega active but there was a lull a few weeks ago. Make sure you pace the channel out so people can rely on knowing when you upload.

Good stuff dude! I see massive potential here =D[DOUBLEPOST=1456960679][/DOUBLEPOST]
Could you please take a look at my channel? Still starting off and would really appreciate some good advice :)
That's the video I'd like you to watch and feel free to view a few more, but those were starting videos so..

Thx a lot if you find the time!

I checkout out your Far Cry video first:

*First thing I noticed was the pause between you speaking and the opening title. First impressions made me feel like you weren't ready to deliver the line so make sure to cut that small bit of dead air (it makes a huge difference).

*Next the audio. The game audio was pretty quiet and the commentary more so. I assume it's the mic more than the placement of it but right now it sounds like you're talking from inside a cupboard.

*I like the avatar/banner. It's simple yet effective.

*The thumbnails however are pretty dull. The text on the Far Cry video is extremely thin/small. The image of the Sabretooth is a cool image but it's too zoomed out/muted. More contrast would make it stand out and if it's more on the sabre tooth's face it'll stand out.

Your channel's very new so there's a tonne of stuff still to learn. However with that said, don't settle for okay and keep learning. The faster you make mistakes the better you'll be at addressing them =D[DOUBLEPOST=1456961359][/DOUBLEPOST]
I want a review! as honest as possible tell me suggestions
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIpZVFylaurDZnSIkRK_Yww

Before I go into your channel I need to let you know that your YouTube page in the address doesn't work (Typo maybe?):

*I checked out the Kuwait art. Massively impressive but no music. Viewers only have 2 sensed to experience YouTube: Sight and Hearing. If you leave one out it's a huge handicap to your work.

*At the end have you through of doing some fun panning or zoom shots of the final product? It'd make it seem more dramatic XD.

Not much more I can point out due to the length of the videos and the fact your channel's very new. More than anything just keep going and always look for ways to improve =][DOUBLEPOST=1456962506][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey there! If you could please check out my channel and provide some criticism, that would be greatly appreciated! It would allow for me to work much harder to improve my content as a whole, and that would be really amazing!

I understand you must be a busy person with all of these channels to review, so please, take your time! No rush. c:

Thank you so much! :D

*I like the artstyle of your channel a lot. It's very charming =]

*The audio/AV is also great as it's well balanced.

*Really well edited. Context given with each article, post, example etc. A lot of effort put into each video's continuity.

*Make sure to create/link a twitter and facebook page. YouTube may be your hub but social media is your outlet to expand and grow.

*Make sure you're consistent with uploads. If once a week is too much fair do's, but once every two should be a safe goal.

Not much more I can say. Keep up the good work =]

Thanks a lot for your tips! I'm still trying to find the best setup for my mic and stuff so totally agree there!
For the pause in the beginning.. I kinda did that on purpose to not just jump straight in, but like I said.. I'm new so... You sound like you know what you're doing so I will try to cut that pause short :)
Glad you like the avatar/banner, I was kinda unsure about those but now I feel much better about them :)
As for the thumbnails.. I will take your advice and try to get some better ones.. I'm still trying stuff out and sometimes they look really cool to me, but when it's posted on the video and I see it there it sometimes feels like a small dissapointment.. so again: I agree on that one too :)

Many, many thanks again for reviewing my channel!

Okay so I watched the vid on your main page on Sakura Santa. Good audio levels but I'd suggest making the facecam a little bit smaller.

Commentary-wise it's mainly dialogue reading. There's very little commentary besides that but I did enjoy the Flithy Frank bits to add a bit of extra humour to it.

The game you're playing didn't really have any music or SFX do I'd suggest adding some (even if it's not related to the game) as right now it's extremely bare.

The branding works with the endslates, banner icon etc but I'd suggest switching up the thumbnails a bit. Especially the Zelda one as it's kinda bland. Brighter colours, more contrast, bigger logo text (like in the zelda one).

That's all I got, hope it helps =][DOUBLEPOST=1456948977,1456948272][/DOUBLEPOST]

Lot of care, effort and time put into these! I appreciate it must've been a time consuming task to make them (good work!).

However couple things I'd point out:

*Some scenes were a bit dark and others the natural light from outside cast shadows. If you got a simple lighting rig of 1-2 stands with bulbs/umbrellas it'd do wonders for your camera work.

*Some arts of the dialogue were a bit quiet. I think due to the large spaces wherein you recorded it added a lot of echo/reverb so it may be difficult to correct.

*I'd suggest speeding up the credits a bit or even just having walls of credits jump-cut together.

*Bloopers during the credits would be a nice way to keep viewers watching whilst also watching the credits.

*Keyframing can help emphasise zooms or effect over time so I'd advise looking up some tutorials on YouTube to get an idea of what cool editing tricks you could experiment with.

Hope this helps, I'm intrigued to see what your future videos will be like =D[DOUBLEPOST=1456949449][/DOUBLEPOST]

Okay I went with the Bloodborne video.

*First off there was a large pause right at the start. If you leave pauses like that people will wonder if you're really putting effort into the video right off the bat. The old adage: 'First impressions make a man' (or woman! =p) hold true for videos.

*Your character standing still in the opener gives nothing for the viewer to watch whilst soaking in the information. If you say something like 'I'll show you how to riposte' for example if you simultaneously show an end-game riposte it gives context to the viewer as to what you're trying to explain.

*There's no music in the video, so I'd suggest adding at least a subtle tack in the background. Just to flesh out the video's overall impact.

*Jump cuts. If you've got a portion of the map you need to walk to, or need a moment to swap gear etc jump-cuts will prevent the viewer from manually skipping large chunks of your video. Remember: In a guide people want information. The quicker and more efficiently you can show them.dispense said info the better the response of your video.

*Could this video have been split up into several small videos in a playlist? You may have players struggling with one particular part of the gameplay so it'd be nice for them to get what they want easily and for others to just binge watch the playlist.

That's all I could muster for that video in particular. Insightful stuff, I just think it needs that little extra polish =D[DOUBLEPOST=1456950139][/DOUBLEPOST]

So many to choose XD Okay I went with Michael Jackson's earth song just as it's the longest i could see.

*Really neat idea! I love the way your video style is very consistent and your uploads are consistent.

*Other than the filter/timing I'm guessing there's not many edits in the video concerning manipulating the imagery. I think some keyframe zooms, spins, stretches etc might intensify the creepiness a lot XD

*The thumbnails don't do the video justice. The filter screen cap sorta fades the original images sharpness. Some contrast might fix it, but I'd suggest making a photoshop do-over to make it looks really spooky.

*Maybe even some imagery from other sources could be used to imply more meaning into the video.

Cool idea dude, hope my feedback is insightful =D[DOUBLEPOST=1456950529][/DOUBLEPOST]

Okay to start things of I want to talk about your channel design:

*I like your logo but your banner is a bit bare bones. If possible it might be an idea to ask someone to make you some new logos etc (I did recently and it's really helped!)

*Good eye-catching thumbnails.

*With the videos themselves I like the format of gameplay overplayed with news but I'd like to have seen the article in the most recent video over the top. That way it'd give context to the viewer.

*Very bite-size videos which is good, but I think due to the length you'd be able to get away with more videos per week.If people check in on your channel every day for their fix of 2-3 minutes of content you'll be on to a winner!

Still early days for your channel so there's not much more I can talk on, other than just keep it up! =D[DOUBLEPOST=1456951166][/DOUBLEPOST]

Okay here we go (Mario Maker):

*SUCH ANGER! Very passionate commentary (good stuff XD).

*However with that said I'd like to hear more than swearing. It's funny in moments but too much can get a bit repetitive. I'd love to hear more desperation or disbelief. Maybe even a tangent on how ridiculous the challenge is or what you'll do to the enemy.

*Have you thought about adding an end-slate? It'd easily link people to more content.

*Concerning the highlight vid I'd suggest adding a transition to other games (like Markiplier's 'Poof!' etc). It gives the viewer a chance to adjust and ques them to the change of content (I use a bear sfx/image).

* Text can help embellish a joke/reaction. Use this to your advantage.

*There's no music. Something chirpy usually works, but different music can really improve on humour.

*That facecam is teeny tiny! A little more vertical size (you could mask the horizontal extra) would be good. Right now it's too small to really see what you're doing.

*It might pay to make it a little shorter. Just so it's more of a teaser to your other series etc.

*Again: an endslate with videos from the compilation would help.

Hope this helps =D[DOUBLEPOST=1456951980][/DOUBLEPOST]

Okay let's get stuck in:

*I like the thumbnails. Lots of character and a very clean look =]

*Good AV quality.

*Nice bite-size videos.

*Honestly the only thing I can advise is improving your commentary. It'd be nice to have some more of it.

*Some new series may be cool. Highlights, comedy bits etc. Let's Plays don't draw in crowds of people so you need something extra if you want people to find you/subscribe.

Good overall dude, not much I could take apart =D[DOUBLEPOST=1456952627][/DOUBLEPOST]

Okay I've seen a few vids:

*I like the idea of the multiple character voices but I think they need more distinct personalities. Is one very angry, is one more timid, is one arrogant etc. It'd be nice to see more than just the linguistic connotations.

*Lot of content atm, I like the consistency. However I'd advise to spread it out over the week a bit. 3 videos in 24 hours and then a pause in the week overloads viewers for one day then leaves 'em hangin'.

*The thumbnails work but I think they need a bit more colour/character. The ones for your Day Z games are on the right track, but for the vegas one where it's a screencap of the page it just looks a bit bland.

*Also on the subject of the thumbnails the text used on some of 'em is really thin/dark and is hard to read. Remember: if the thumbnail is the size of your thumb on the screen and you can still make out the text you should be ok.

I like the idea of the videos but I think it just needs a bit more polish/time put in to make it really shine =D

The anger thing, yeah had a few rough levels before that lol. I agree 100% about the swearing thing been working on it. It's funny you mention the end slate because i was working on it last night and I actually used to have one but lost all my files when my computer crashed last. The reason the facecam was so small was because my camera was really bad so making it any bigger made it all pixelated so that's why I don't use it anymore. And I didn't even think about adding music to the clip video. Thanks for the review. What was your opinion on my Thumbnails or Header on the channel. Some people seem to think if you use thumbnails like that it wont work but i've seen channels do it before and I also plan to add different types of content and adding a different color background that way people know what its for before even really looking at the thumbnail.

The anger thing, yeah had a few rough levels before that lol. I agree 100% about the swearing thing been working on it. It's funny you mention the end slate because i was working on it last night and I actually used to have one but lost all my files when my computer crashed last. The reason the facecam was so small was because my camera was really bad so making it any bigger made it all pixelated so that's why I don't use it anymore. And I didn't even think about adding music to the clip video. Thanks for the review. What was your opinion on my Thumbnails or Header on the channel. Some people seem to think if you use thumbnails like that it wont work but i've seen channels do it before and I also plan to add different types of content and adding a different color background that way people know what its for before even really looking at the thumbnail.

Your branding's solid. I guess it could be interesting to change up the background colour for different series but as long as they're distinct from each other I'd say you're fine =]

Okay so I watched the vid on your main page on Sakura Santa. Good audio levels but I'd suggest making the facecam a little bit smaller.

Commentary-wise it's mainly dialogue reading. There's very little commentary besides that but I did enjoy the Flithy Frank bits to add a bit of extra humour to it.

The game you're playing didn't really have any music or SFX do I'd suggest adding some (even if it's not related to the game) as right now it's extremely bare

The branding works with the endslates, banner icon etc but I'd suggest switching up the thumbnails a bit. Especially the Zelda one as it's kinda bland. Brighter colours, more contrast, bigger logo text (like in the zelda one).

That's all I got, hope it helps =][DOUBLEPOST=1456948977,1456948272][/DOUBLEPOST]

Lot of care, effort and time put into these! I appreciate it must've been a time consuming task to make them (good work!).

However couple things I'd point out:

*Some scenes were a bit dark and others the natural light from outside cast shadows. If you got a simple lighting rig of 1-2 stands with bulbs/umbrellas it'd do wonders for your camera work.

*Some arts of the dialogue were a bit quiet. I think due to the large spaces wherein you recorded it added a lot of echo/reverb so it may be difficult to correct.

*I'd suggest speeding up the credits a bit or even just having walls of credits jump-cut together.

*Bloopers during the credits would be a nice way to keep viewers watching whilst also watching the credits.

*Keyframing can help emphasise zooms or effect over time so I'd advise looking up some tutorials on YouTube to get an idea of what cool editing tricks you could experiment with.

Hope this helps, I'm intrigued to see what your future videos will be like =D[DOUBLEPOST=1456949449][/DOUBLEPOST]

Okay I went with the Bloodborne video.

*First off there was a large pause right at the start. If you leave pauses like that people will wonder if you're really putting effort into the video right off the bat. The old adage: 'First impressions make a man' (or woman! =p) hold true for videos.

*Your character standing still in the opener gives nothing for the viewer to watch whilst soaking in the information. If you say something like 'I'll show you how to riposte' for example if you simultaneously show an end-game riposte it gives context to the viewer as to what you're trying to explain.

*There's no music in the video, so I'd suggest adding at least a subtle tack in the background. Just to flesh out the video's overall impact.

*Jump cuts. If you've got a portion of the map you need to walk to, or need a moment to swap gear etc jump-cuts will prevent the viewer from manually skipping large chunks of your video. Remember: In a guide people want information. The quicker and more efficiently you can show them.dispense said info the better the response of your video.

*Could this video have been split up into several small videos in a playlist? You may have players struggling with one particular part of the gameplay so it'd be nice for them to get what they want easily and for others to just binge watch the playlist.

That's all I could muster for that video in particular. Insightful stuff, I just think it needs that little extra polish =D[DOUBLEPOST=1456950139][/DOUBLEPOST]

So many to choose XD Okay I went with Michael Jackson's earth song just as it's the longest i could see.

*Really neat idea! I love the way your video style is very consistent and your uploads are consistent.

*Other than the filter/timing I'm guessing there's not many edits in the video concerning manipulating the imagery. I think some keyframe zooms, spins, stretches etc might intensify the creepiness a lot XD

*The thumbnails don't do the video justice. The filter screen cap sorta fades the original images sharpness. Some contrast might fix it, but I'd suggest making a photoshop do-over to make it looks really spooky.

*Maybe even some imagery from other sources could be used to imply more meaning into the video.

Cool idea dude, hope my feedback is insightful =D[DOUBLEPOST=1456950529][/DOUBLEPOST]

Okay to start things of I want to talk about your channel design:

*I like your logo but your banner is a bit bare bones. If possible it might be an idea to ask someone to make you some new logos etc (I did recently and it's really helped!)

*Good eye-catching thumbnails.

*With the videos themselves I like the format of gameplay overplayed with news but I'd like to have seen the article in the most recent video over the top. That way it'd give context to the viewer.

*Very bite-size videos which is good, but I think due to the length you'd be able to get away with more videos per week.If people check in on your channel every day for their fix of 2-3 minutes of content you'll be on to a winner!

Still early days for your channel so there's not much more I can talk on, other than just keep it up! =D[DOUBLEPOST=1456951166][/DOUBLEPOST]

Okay here we go (Mario Maker):

*SUCH ANGER! Very passionate commentary (good stuff XD).

*However with that said I'd like to hear more than swearing. It's funny in moments but too much can get a bit repetitive. I'd love to hear more desperation or disbelief. Maybe even a tangent on how ridiculous the challenge is or what you'll do to the enemy.

*Have you thought about adding an end-slate? It'd easily link people to more content.

*Concerning the highlight vid I'd suggest adding a transition to other games (like Markiplier's 'Poof!' etc). It gives the viewer a chance to adjust and ques them to the change of content (I use a bear sfx/image).

* Text can help embellish a joke/reaction. Use this to your advantage.

*There's no music. Something chirpy usually works, but different music can really improve on humour.

*That facecam is teeny tiny! A little more vertical size (you could mask the horizontal extra) would be good. Right now it's too small to really see what you're doing.

*It might pay to make it a little shorter. Just so it's more of a teaser to your other series etc.

*Again: an endslate with videos from the compilation would help.

Hope this helps =D[DOUBLEPOST=1456951980][/DOUBLEPOST]

Okay let's get stuck in:

*I like the thumbnails. Lots of character and a very clean look =]

*Good AV quality.

*Nice bite-size videos.

*Honestly the only thing I can advise is improving your commentary. It'd be nice to have some more of it.

*Some new series may be cool. Highlights, comedy bits etc. Let's Plays don't draw in crowds of people so you need something extra if you want people to find you/subscribe.

Good overall dude, not much I could take apart =D[DOUBLEPOST=1456952627][/DOUBLEPOST]

Okay I've seen a few vids:

*I like the idea of the multiple character voices but I think they need more distinct personalities. Is one very angry, is one more timid, is one arrogant etc. It'd be nice to see more than just the linguistic connotations.

*Lot of content atm, I like the consistency. However I'd advise to spread it out over the week a bit. 3 videos in 24 hours and then a pause in the week overloads viewers for one day then leaves 'em hangin'.

*The thumbnails work but I think they need a bit more colour/character. The ones for your Day Z games are on the right track, but for the vegas one where it's a screencap of the page it just looks a bit bland.

*Also on the subject of the thumbnails the text used on some of 'em is really thin/dark and is hard to read. Remember: if the thumbnail is the size of your thumb on the screen and you can still make out the text you should be ok.

I like the idea of the videos but I think it just needs a bit more polish/time put in to make it really shine =D
Your branding's solid. I guess it could be interesting to change up the background colour for different series but as long as they're distinct from each other I'd say you're fine =]
Again thanks for the review!

Thanks for the review man. Really appreciate it. I haven't been doing much jump-cut editing. Guess I need to do some serious work on that. I'm assuming you watched the bloodborne beginners guide, and it never really occurred to me how boring it would be to just watch me stroll around in the 1 room talking. Great info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back