If you could change Youtube...

PseudoExon

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Heres a question for you all...

If you could change one thing about youtube what would it be and why?

Personally I would probably change the community. I am noticing an alarming disturbing trend of ppl who buy subs, who bot likes on their channel, and it makes the process for other upcoming channels more difficult to flourish. What about you guys?

Reactions: darkstarmedia

Mr Danny

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I love YouTube, but if I could change one thing it would be to make it feel more like an authentic community again. Sometimes it feels very artificial, almost like TV. I like it when YouTube is raw and true.

Cabbage Hunters

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Fix their copyright review system. Pretty sure they've got two dudes working in that department total and one of them has been on vacation since 2011.

PseudoExon

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hahaha My man Said 2011 though. The copyright system does seem to be borked with some channels getting matched with 3rd party content, flagged or channel strikes unfairly.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I would really like to fix their recommendations engine. I see the exact same things, many of which don't really have anything to do with what I've watched or have searched for. I think it's really heavily dependent upon what YouTube wants you to see, and I think a lot of great channels get lost in the shuffle.

PseudoExon

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
@xingcat... my honest opinion with youtube.. it feels more audience mass based. And what I mean by that is the majority of people who watch Youtube today. So who are the ones who spend more time than ever watching the internet, kids and young adults (i.e. early 20s). With that said they look for things like Vines, music vids, comedy, aka things that appeal to them. Since they are the massive more audience they outnumber people who are a little more mature. And since those give the more clicks/views on Youtube site, youtube automatically gives preview or "suggestions" for moreso the younger audience to view than the mature audience. Not saying that this audience is not relevant but moreso outnumbered in preferences. Again all just an opinion, I could be totally wrong.

Moses Cheeks

Youtuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I would make it so you can ban people and when u do it they can no longer find your channel aswell as take away the dislike button. Its not the way to tell people their video is bad.

Reactions: PseudoExon

CrystalD

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Everything already said, pretty much - I miss the days where the community took time to comment on videos who weren't big stars or well known youtubers. I feel like when youtube first started it was just a lot more personable, and people genuinely wanted to see what people were posting and didn't care so much about the quality. Now it just feels like you've gotta be the very best, like no one ever was ;) but seriously, I miss the community from before google got their hands on youtube lol.

And the copyright! I've gotten slammed on a few of my videos, that were creative commons or fair use, or backtracks that another user created in YT! And just going through the claims process for any "well known" thing is sooo annoying! They really need to fix it, or if they're going to be this strict about claims have a good customer service branch for it!

PseudoExon

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would make it so you can ban people and when u do it they can no longer find your channel aswell as take away the dislike button. Its not the way to tell people their video is bad.
So like IP bans..in a way. As far as the dislike button thats kinda hit or miss. If someone makes a vid that like Poor quality, badly edited and the person is skipping & tripping over their words, of course no dislikes wouldn't be messaging the person that hey this video was atrocious. But then again ppl do seem to miss there is a comment section in the vids Lol[DOUBLEPOST=1455911722,1455911501][/DOUBLEPOST]
Everything already said, pretty much - I miss the days where the community took time to comment on videos who weren't big stars or well known youtubers. I feel like when youtube first started it was just a lot more personable, and people genuinely wanted to see what people were posting and didn't care so much about the quality. Now it just feels like you've gotta be the very best, like no one ever was ;) but seriously, I miss the community from before google got their hands on youtube lol.

And the copyright! I've gotten slammed on a few of my videos, that were creative commons or fair use, or backtracks that another user created in YT! And just going through the claims process for any "well known" thing is sooo annoying! They really need to fix it, or if they're going to be this strict about claims have a good customer service branch for it!
Lets Start a Movement......Youtube customer service for 2016 LOL

And that situation kinda happens with anything, whether you're an internet celebrity, musician, actor, or athlete. Most people will have more responsibilities as they grow, so it in a way seems like they arent as genuine. (SOME ARE) but others aren't. It comes down to the person.

Reactions: CrystalD