• Other (Comment Please)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TrVlogs

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think YouTube has talked about this before. I know some of us Youtubers have people who come to your channel to dislike a video because of a comment you made they did not agree with so they come all the way to your channel or subscribe to dislike your video. Not just once, but on a regular basis. Ok, so my point I think we should be able to see the account/person who dislikes, our videos also make it mandatory for them to comment if they dislike a video. I think it will also help keep away trolls who come and start drama on channels. As well as when we do giveaways they are not picked. I have seen this on channels where the same person bashing the YouTube wins the giveaway and the youtuber doesn't see it or know due to the big youtubers gets thousands of comments. What are your thoughts on this?

JordiUniverse

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think YouTube has talked about this before. I know some of us Youtubers have people who come to your channel to dislike a video because of a comment you made they did not agree with so they come all the way to your channel or subscribe to dislike your video. Not just once, but on a regular basis. Ok, so my point I think we should be able to see the account/person who dislikes, our videos also make it mandatory for them to comment if they dislike a video. I think it will also help keep away trolls who come and start drama on channels. As well as when we do giveaways they are not picked. I have seen this on channels where the same person bashing the YouTube wins the giveaway and the youtuber doesn't see it or know due to the big youtubers gets thousands of comments. What are your thoughts on this?
I think this is a good idea but at the same time I think Youtube is going to get to a point where their filtering system will be bullet proof and it is going to be pretty hard to spread negativity throughout the site. IF we could see the person who disliked or saw their activity as far as being on our channels go then that could help with blocking people.

Camermon

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I agree with a lot of the points you have made. I agree that it would discourage the trolls but... I just think it wouldn't be fair to make it mandatory for dislikers to have to comment. The reason I don't think this would be fair is the fact that many YouTube videos deserve dislikes. Videos with offensive content or misleading titles etc deserve dislikes. If someone genuinely doesn't like a video, they should be allowed to dislike without explanation if an explanation isn't really required. Just like a person, who genuinely enjoys a video, can like a video without explaining why they liked it.

However, I do see how in some cases how trolls can abuse the dislike system. But YouTube needs to come up with a way to resolve this. Maybe by notifying a creator if they have received multiple dislikes from a person & then being given the opportunity to block them? Something like that maybe.

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
YOUTUBE dislikes really ruin my day. So I would say that DISLIKES are good but they shouldn't be used inappropriately. If we talk something bad, or if they did not enjoy, obviously they can DISLIKE, but I don't like unnecessary DISLIKES :)

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

Xzeron

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I agree, dislikes suck lol. If someone is going to dislike something, they should state why, not just with a click of the mouse. Constructive criticism is a must, that way, if it was something they had a legit reason to dislike they can help by giving you feed back on what you might be able to do to changed it, or improve your video.

Reactions: TheJNDuoPHL

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
People like and dislike content. No matter what, the likes will usually outpace the dislikes. If the dislikes outpace the likes you either p****d off a legion of trolls, or your content / topic really isn't well received!

Olivea-Sea

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
On one hand I would love this option, because I almost know for sure I have someone like that hating on some of my vids. On the other hand I think it will cause allot of conflict on YouTube and more negativity then that it will actually solve.

TrVlogs

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
People like and dislike content. No matter what, the likes will usually outpace the dislikes. If the dislikes outpace the likes you either p****d off a legion of trolls, or your content / topic really isn't well received!
Yes, but see my thing is I hate people who come to my videos to dislike because I am gay and that is the only reason they disliked it. Or I tend to go to the complex YouTube channel most of the people on there well go to the channel to see for yourself. I mean you can make a video of trying to help a dying kid people will dislike it for no reason.

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
it's fine the way it is i think. YouTube allow the opinions, keep private, and yet done let the dislikes affect you in a negative way, in fact, it is good for your engagement.

showing youtubers who disliked them is simply encouraging a witch hunt. Not everyone would look at it as maturely as you guys :)