I think I'm doing a strategic mistake

Dmenace

Reaction score
Hi everyone
My name is Denis and I've have a YouTube channel with different topics like.
"metal detecting, diving, caving, urban exploring, climbing, extreme activities".

And I think I've made a mistake by not focusing on one topic.
Each week I'm posting different video from the category's mentioned above.
I've read a lot of articles and strategies ,and discovered that I'm a mess considering by Youtube's algorithm.
I don't have specific audience.
And because of that I'm not begin discovered.

Spare the "post consistency and youtube is a marathon thing"

I know thet YouTube takes time....

I'm already doing really good content
And sure there room for improvement but I'm sure the lacking of discovery is because of the variety of my videos.

So correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks in advance.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the review / feedback forum. :)

QTN

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi,

Had a quick look around your channel, indeed you have some interesting stuff there.

With regards to focusing on a specific topic, it really depends.

Do you want to people to watch your content specifically for the topic, or do you want them to watch it because of you?

You seem to enjoy a lot of different activities which is fine, plenty of successful youtubers don't just stick to one thing.

Over time you'll build an audience of people who will watch anything you post because it's you posting, but I guess you're not there yet.

However, you should check out your analytics, clearly some of your videos are getting much more attention than others. So purely from a growth perspective you may want to focus on those type of videos more than others.

Best of luck.

Reactions: Dmenace

Dmenace

Reaction score
Hi,

Had a quick look around your channel, indeed you have some interesting stuff there.

With regards to focusing on a specific topic, it really depends.

Do you want to people to watch your content specifically for the topic, or do you want them to watch it because of you?

You seem to enjoy a lot of different activities which is fine, plenty of successful youtubers don't just stick to one thing.

Over time you'll build an audience of people who will watch anything you post because it's you posting, but I guess you're not there yet.

However, you should check out your analytics, clearly some of your videos are getting much more attention than others. So purely from a growth perspective you may want to focus on those type of videos more than others.

Best of luck.
Thanks for the reply