I stopped growing and now it's slow

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm not here to ask you to "come check out my channel for awesome stuff!", but rather tell you that I've hit a plateau when it comes to growth of my fan base. For some reason I just can't get anymore exposure without using cheap ways like commenting on other people's channels my channel link. I'm very confused by it because I have plenty of peers on youtube and they grow pretty f***ing fast compared to me. It's not so much that I want a HUGE amount of subscribers, but just being able to get my name out there more in order to get different "REAL" people to see my channel and decide whether they like it or not. 'Cause honestly, I'm trying but I just can never win it feels like haha.

P.S: Any suggestions?

ehmaysi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You don't upload enough, there was nearly two-weeks between your most recent video and the one before it. Going back past that and there's just always big gaps between your videos, and being inconsistent does not pan out well. If what you put out were productions that took weeks to complete, and it showed, it would be a different story. I don't think you need to be doing daily uploads, but at least one a week and I know that's easily doable.

I get the impression your main thing is commentaries, and not necessarily the gameplay. So if the gameplay isn't the most amazing s**t in the world, and what you're leaning more on is the commentary, then it needs to be great. Why should somebody watch your videos when they could just as easily go watch somebody that's already doing it successfully, and more often? You know what I mean? You have to think about that and then find a way to differentiate yourself, or do it better than everyone else.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You don't upload enough, there was nearly two-weeks between your most recent video and the one before it. Going back past that and there's just always big gaps between your videos, and being inconsistent does not pan out well. If what you put out were productions that took weeks to complete, and it showed, it would be a different story. I don't think you need to be doing daily uploads, but at least one a week and I know that's easily doable.

I get the impression your main thing is commentaries, and not necessarily the gameplay. So if the gameplay isn't the most amazing s**t in the world, and what you're leaning more on is the commentary, then it needs to be great. Why should somebody watch your videos when they could just as easily go watch somebody that's already doing it successfully, and more often? You know what I mean? You have to think about that and then find a way to differentiate yourself, or do it better than everyone else.
I'm trying, but thanks for the feedback :)

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What he said.

Also your microphone has some crazy echo. I turned it off after like ten seconds.

You could just say "well just turn down the volume" but one thing I always stress about making commentary/videos that use your voice is that it has to comfortable for anyone having their speakers on at full blast.

and like he said uploading frequently. If you want to gain more subs and more attention you are going to have to buckle down and make videos DAILY
since your videos are not that hard to make it should not be that hard.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What he said.

Also your microphone has some crazy echo. I turned it off after like ten seconds.

You could just say "well just turn down the volume" but one thing I always stress about making commentary/videos that use your voice is that it has to comfortable for anyone having their speakers on at full blast.

and like he said uploading frequently. If you want to gain more subs and more attention you are going to have to buckle down and make videos DAILY
since your videos are not that hard to make it should not be that hard.
Well making videos daily conflicts with a lot of my time, I don't just sit around all day and do nothing otherwise I would be making videos daily easily. And do you have any suggestions on how to "fix" my mic?

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well making videos daily conflicts with a lot of my time, I don't just sit around all day and do nothing otherwise I would be making videos daily easily. And do you have any suggestions on how to "fix" my mic?
Lol saucy.

Well if you want subs and s**t to come in you are going to have to put the time with it so.

To "fix" your microphone how about putting in an area that does not have so much echo that's a start.

Kamikaze

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Just wait a bit. I stopped growing and I wasnt sure why, then within the next month I gained 9 subs (I know its not alot but I have a small channel). Just give it time and try to make your videos as good as you can make them.

Reactions: ComicallyFamous
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Just wait a bit. I stopped growing and I wasnt sure why, then within the next month I gained 9 subs (I know its not alot but I have a small channel). Just give it time and try to make your videos as good as you can make them.
I'm trying to that way, and honestly just hoping for the best