I need some advice

Narrator-6174

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. I was looking to see if anyone could give me some advice on how to write an interesting script. I talked about how I am going to be making videos talking about serial killers, missing persons, and other mysterious topics. However in order to make higher quality videos I need some advice on how to write a script. For example how much information is to much information, or should it sound like I am talking to someone one on one or to a group of people, or what tone should I take when recording the script. If you have any advice it would be greatly appreciated, and if you need me to clarify any questions just let me know in the comments.

Reactions: WhitenightMD

WhitenightMD

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. I was looking to see if anyone could give me some advice on how to write an interesting script. I talked about how I am going to be making videos talking about serial killers, missing persons, and other mysterious topics. However in order to make higher quality videos I need some advice on how to write a script. For example how much information is to much information, or should it sound like I am talking to someone one on one or to a group of people, or what tone should I take when recording the script. If you have any advice it would be greatly appreciated, and if you need me to clarify any questions just let me know in the comments.
When I need help with dialog or ideas. I look to the source of where I got my inspiration. So maybe for you, you could get some ideas from TV shows or documentaries on those subjects. Listen and think about how much info they give you at the beginning to rope you in vs how much you find out during the show. Then once you have your frame, fill it with your specific information. Then tweak it so it stands out as yours. Add personality. There needs to be a reason why someone will want to watch your version over the next person! That's your time to shine!! Good luck! I hope this helps!!

Reactions: Narrator-6174

Christie Levine

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The best advice I can give is to imagine how you would want to watch a video about serial killers, where would the suspense be? Is it more informative or more entertaining? Thinking about all of that and then writing down your ideas and how it would be said and then tweaking it to your language and how you talk.

MutantCreeper36

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
there are two things you should do. 1 make sure the time for each part isnt too long but not too short about 2 minutes would be around the best time. 2 ask you veiwers what they think after all they will be the ones partially running the channel.

Weekend Noobs

If the week gets you down then join us and unwind
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey hey,

I think you're thinking about it way too much. It's quite a broad goal you are looking at here as it all depends on your audience and how you feel most comfortable delivering the information.
It doesn't matter how "interesting" the script may be, if the audience don't find it interesting then its not an interesting script. But at the same time where there are those who are not interested in the script, there will be others who are.

So my advice is to stop worrying about what others think and just do what you find most facinating about it. Cus at the end of the day you will never appease everyone, but so long as you enjoyed it and show your enthusiasm of the topic in your videos then others will jump on board and be facinated with you.

As far as approach goes, are you wanting it to be more like a news report? Or give the audience the feeling that they are talking to you on a more personal level?
If you want to be distant from the audience and make it more like a news report and very factual then I would say script all of it, research the topic and find key facts. Don't share any personal opinions.
If you want it more like a one to one etc then again do research but make bullet points and learn about what you want to talk about. That way its more improvised, you are sharing what you remember of the topic and any key points that interested you. Share your opinions about the matter. Ask the audience what they think or feel. Don't be afraid to have a laugh with it so long as the topic is not too dark lol

Reactions: WhitenightMD

Narrator-6174

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
hey guys sorry I have been inactive for awhile. My semester is coming to an end so I have had a lot of papers to write and finals to take. I will be a lot more active in a week or so.