I managed to get 1000s or views in my first two weeks using Reddit and Instagram

Honest Travel

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I managed to get 1.4k views on one video and a total of 4.7k views in just 2 weeks and I wanted to share with you guys how I did it.

So the main source of views I got was through Reddit. My videos are all travel videos in Romania so I went over r/Romania posting my best photos and got 100s of upvotes. The people of Romania are easy going and appreciate outsiders posting about their country.

I would already have my video link posted in r/videos so they could click my profile and find my video easy. And I would post my video link in the comments of my upvoted pictures. Of course, the pictures would be related to video. This would generate 100s if views and a handful of subscribers to my channel.

The second thing that works is Instagram and Twitter. Albeit not as effectively but posting my travel pics and using all 30 hashtags generates up 20 likes instantly and followers which can click on the video link in your bio. It’s not extremely effective at getting views but posting 5 pics a day is a good start.

All in all, it got my channel off to a good start and kept me motivated to consistently push out to travel videos.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Well done, that's some good advice and results. The only problem with relying on reddit for traffic is that eventually the mods will consider it as spam and you get banned.

Josh Bradshaw

Reaction score
I've also been trying Reddit to boost views, unfortunately didn't get the same results as you!

Well done though, that's great.

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Well done, that's some good advice and results. The only problem with relying on reddit for traffic is that eventually the mods will consider it as spam and you get banned.
True, but it also depends if their videos are adding value to that community.

For example, if Crash Course Chemistry was to add their videos to r/chemistry I think the community would love it. and I don't think anyone would see it as spam. That's my opinion.

Reactions: TechnicalTim

Moni

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I managed to get 1.4k views on one video and a total of 4.7k views in just 2 weeks and I wanted to share with you guys how I did it.

So the main source of views I got was through Reddit. My videos are all travel videos in Romania so I went over r/Romania posting my best photos and got 100s of upvotes. The people of Romania are easy going and appreciate outsiders posting about their country.

I would already have my video link posted in r/videos so they could click my profile and find my video easy. And I would post my video link in the comments of my upvoted pictures. Of course, the pictures would be related to video. This would generate 100s if views and a handful of subscribers to my channel.

The second thing that works is Instagram and Twitter. Albeit not as effectively but posting my travel pics and using all 30 hashtags generates up 20 likes instantly and followers which can click on the video link in your bio. It’s not extremely effective at getting views but posting 5 pics a day is a good start.

All in all, it got my channel off to a good start and kept me motivated to consistently push out to travel videos.
That’s really a great advice! I was also thinking about trying Reddit, will give it a try. Well done and all d best for your next milestone.