I lost my old channel, can I still make money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koda James

Reaction score
I had an old YouTube channel, but I lost it. So I don't know if I can monetize my videos again. If I do, will they automatically delete my channel or will they accept me?

Also, I'm pretty sure I can join a network if I wanted to monetize my videos even though I can't do it via Google Adsense anymore, right? Is this right? I'm not sure. If I can do this, what do you think will be a good network to join?

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do you mean to re-upload your videos again on a new channel and monetize them?
Assume they are not monetized on your 'lost' channel?

Koda James

Reaction score
Do you mean to re-upload your videos again on a new channel and monetize them?
Assume they are not monetized on your 'lost' channel?
I mean make new videos and even re-upload a few videos I had on my old channel. They are not lost, I still have them. I'm just thinking I might get in trouble because all the paperwork I have to fill out with Google Adsense. I had to fill it out the first time, I'll have to do it again. So what if me doing this leads them to delete my new channel? Or will they just let me get monetization again knowing I lost an old channel? I don't wanna make future problems for myself when I can possibly get around it by joining a network.

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Why did you lose your old channel?

Koda James

Reaction score
Why did you lose your old channel?
So here is what happened. I had a friend who got into some drama with some girl online, she made YouTube videos. He asked me if I can flag her channel, I'm like "Dude WTF No." He didn't have a computer of his own, so about a week later he came over to my house to use my computer to fill out a job Application. I'm not sure when he did it, but it was either when I went to the bathroom or when I was playing my PlayStation he used my channel (because I obviously stay signed in to my stuff on my own Computer) he used my channel to false flag hers. Google/Youtube took down my channel for that a few days later. I was trying to find out why I lost my channel, but they didn't say. It wasn't until a month later my friend told me what he did. I guess he thought I'd be over it. I WASN'T, so I dropped him as a friend. So that is how I lost my Channel. That is why I'm here now.

78ackerman

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
It sounds like you'd have to get it cleared up with youtube but it's also hard to believe that they would ban you from your channel just for that, seems fishy

Koda James

Reaction score
It sounds like you'd have to get it cleared up with youtube but it's also hard to believe that they would ban you from your channel just for that, seems fishy
I'm thinking that she knew it came from my channel. He was trying to claim her videos as his own. Saying she stole his videos. But seeing how this was done using my channel, I'm the one that looked like I was doing something wrong and abusing the System. An you know how when a video is claimed it says "Such and Such claims this video"? Well seeing how it was done on my account, the girl was notified that it came from my account. She told me like a month later that her and her friends flagged down my account for what I did to her and that's why I lost my channel. Meaning it had to be true, she was watching my channel, waiting for it to go down. I told her it wasn't me, but because I was friends with Matthew (the guy who was starting s**t) because I was friends with him at that time, she thought I was in on it and thought it was me. It wasn't. That's when I went and talked to him about the whole thing and he came clean, had to. Me and the girl knew what he was up to, but I didn't think he was really that f*****g crazy and petty to do it. It was obvious he did it. So I don't know if it's due to her and her friends flagging me or because of what he did in the first place. I was trying to talk to someone at the time, but no one from Google staff could help me.

So seeing how I can't talk to google about this, what should I do if I want to start monetization again?

78ackerman

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
I'm thinking that she knew it came from my channel. He was trying to claim her videos as his own. Saying she stole his videos. But seeing how this was done using my channel, I'm the one that looked like I was doing something wrong and abusing the System. An you know how when a video is claimed it says "Such and Such claims this video"? Well seeing how it was done on my account, the girl was notified that it came from my account. She told me like a month later that her and her friends flagged down my account for what I did to her and that's why I lost my channel. Meaning it had to be true, she was watching my channel, waiting for it to go down. I told her it wasn't me, but because I was friends with Matthew (the guy who was starting s**t) because I was friends with him at that time, she thought I was in on it and thought it was me. It wasn't. That's when I went and talked to him about the whole thing and he came clean, had to. Me and the girl knew what he was up to, but I didn't think he was really that f*****g crazy and petty to do it. It was obvious he did it. So I don't know if it's due to her and her friends flagging me or because of what he did in the first place. I was trying to talk to someone at the time, but no one from Google staff could help me.

So seeing how I can't talk to google about this, what should I do if I want to start monetization again?
Maybe you could set up a new Gmail account for adsense and see if it let's you create another adsense account and YouTube channel. I know you wouldn't probably want to re-upload your old videos but you could start over. Man that does suck though sorry

mr.jacks

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
YouTube says that if your account is banned your not allowed to create a new account however ppl do it all the time and get away with it so it's worth a shot.

Koda James

Reaction score
Maybe you could set up a new Gmail account for adsense and see if it let's you create another adsense account and YouTube channel. I know you wouldn't probably want to re-upload your old videos but you could start over. Man that does suck though sorry
I have a new channel and I make videos, I'm just not getting paid for it. I'm thinking if I make a new adsense google will find out I made a new channel and I'll lose my new channel with 700 subs. I feel like I'll be snitching on myself. Can I lose my channel this way? :/

YouTube says that if your account is banned your not allowed to create a new account however ppl do it all the time and get away with it so it's worth a shot.
Of course people make a new channel and get away with it, that's nothing. But do they get away with it in terms of the adsense? I mean when you sign up for adsense you have to fill out tax work and give them your social Security number, all of that. So seeing how I'd have to do that again, won't the System know and thus find out I made a new channel and take it away?

Status
Not open for further replies.