I just applied for monetization. Any tips for beginners?

AARONAUTIX

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hey guys,
I've been doing youtube for 2 weeks now and I applied monetization for a few days on my channel.
I can see how much a video makes on this google adsense link but I have a no idea what most of the terms mean they use.
Can someone experienced give me a little advice on what to consider, how to get the money I make transfered to my bank account, and so on.
See ya :)

Blunt Brittany

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So you have to earn a minimum of $100 through AdSense in order to actually get paid any money. It is usually a slow process when you first start to actually earn money. Also, I know a lot of people that got less views when they started monetizing so if that happens to you it is normal. Mine went down a bit so I actually haven't monetized in a while in order to get more views and try to grow my channel first. Have patients is my biggest tip! Good luck! :)

Reactions: AARONAUTIX

AARONAUTIX

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
So you have to earn a minimum of $100 through AdSense in order to actually get paid any money. It is usually a slow process when you first start to actually earn money. Also, I know a lot of people that got less views when they started monetizing so if that happens to you it is normal. Mine went down a bit so I actually haven't monetized in a while in order to get more views and try to grow my channel first. Have patients is my biggest tip! Good luck! :)
oh so people actually get to see that you monetize? and it scares them away ? :D weird ^^

Blunt Brittany

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
oh so people actually get to see that you monetize? and it scares them away ? :D weird ^^
Well when you monetize with ads you are allowing ads to be placed on your videos so sometimes when people see an ad at the beginning of your video they will not stay and watch the videos. BUT most people still will I think. I mean, this is 2017, most people know there will be ads lol

Reactions: AARONAUTIX

AARONAUTIX

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Well when you monetize with ads you are allowing ads to be placed on your videos so sometimes when people see an ad at the beginning of your video they will not stay and watch the videos. BUT most people still will I think. I mean, this is 2017, most people know there will be ads lol
or use adblock yeah ^^

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Set up an Adsense account. Enter your bank details in Adense. Link your channel to Adsense. Start earning bucks.
If you are in US then its a minimum $100 payout. It will build up over the months and auto pay you into your bank account.
I monetised from my first video and had not negative effect. I make a few bucks now.

AARONAUTIX

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Set up an Adsense account. Enter your bank details in Adense. Link your channel to Adsense. Start earning bucks.
If you are in US then its a minimum $100 payout. It will build up over the months and auto pay you into your bank account.
I monetised from my first video and had not negative effect. I make a few bucks now.
holy crap 54.000 subs. You must be making a living out of this dude :D
yeah i monetized from the first video as well and so far i got no negative feedback

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Depends what you think is enough to live on? I earn a decent amount but not yet a living in my opinion. Its way to inconsistant.
For example I earned £2800 from November (5m views) £1600 from December (3m views) and so far in January (8m views) estimated £2000. (Low RPM in Jan)
This time last year I was happy with £200 a month. Next month could easily see it back down to £200.
I am in the clutches of YouTube and its them that decides when to let me fly or sink.

KingUsher

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Depends what you think is enough to live on? I earn a decent amount but not yet a living in my opinion. Its way to inconsistant.
For example I earned £2800 from November (5m views) £1600 from December (3m views) and so far in January (8m views) estimated £2000. (Low RPM in Jan)
This time last year I was happy with £200 a month. Next month could easily see it back down to £200.
I am in the clutches of YouTube and its them that decides when to let me fly or sink.
At how many subs do you consider best to start monetization? or is it just when you build up a loyal fanbase?