I HATE LOGO INTROS!!!!!

Do you hate intros

• yes

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • no

Votes: 40 74.1%

• Total voters
If an intro is short and simple, as well as iconic, it is very useful. I've been using an intro for just under a year now, and I recently changed it slightly to make it more personal, however it ended up increasing the time of it to about 10 seconds, which I'm not overly pleased about, but I think it's iconic now so I kinda like it. It all depends on the type of channel, the type of video and the type of intro. Over edited, loud, pretentious, memey intros are just awful, they need to have some form of personality that reflects the channel well. The simple few second ones are usually the best.

BUT I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE UPLOAD THEIR INTRO AS A SEPARATE VIDEO OH MY GOD

Mine is a second long and consists of "DSM" flashing up on a crumpled paper background and then getting on with the video. I just wanted a quick something that showed that it was my work without increasing viewer abandonment.

When I see a 15-second long intro consisting of stock graphics and generic dubstep music, I instantly roll my eyes and think, "Oh, heeeeeeere we go". Like, the quality of the intro is good, but the knowledge that at least 500 other SmallTubers are using that exact template too is really off-putting.

I don't dislike intros if they're unique and to the point. To be honest, I never paid them too much mind, but I tend to give the content of the video a chance before passing full judgment, so ...

The only videos I have with intros are the Video Game Masters eps, but I consider those to be actual episodes, like a real show, so yea, a full intro/outro with credits is required. Any other video of mine has either no into at all or just a title card for a few seconds.

They're fine in my opinion. Come to think of it, might start using one for every few seconds of the start of videos.

I think logo intros are a little boring, but ones that I constanlty see are 3d text with dumbstep music which are usually even worse. I just say 'Welcome Gamers, Hazzador here' instead of an intro like most other smaller gaming channels

My intro is 6 seconds long. Anything longer than that feels like way to much. I get where you are coming from though.

I have to make a ten second intro/s for my coursework, its good to see peoples opinions though! I was planning on using the best one for my actual channel, but I will definetly now shorten it down a bit the one I choose!

Back