I HATE LOGO INTROS!!!!!

Do you hate intros

• yes

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • no

Votes: 40 74.1%

• Total voters
I see no problem w/ intros if they are done in a reasonable amount of seconds, 5 seconds seems like a good standard. It's all about preference, some dislike the routine "Thanks for watching" ending many YouTubers do as well.

It all depends on the intro and how it is used, if they start the video with the intro, its a downer but not too bad if the intro is ok or good, but if it is a bad intro it can be intrusive, but even a bad intro can be less annoying when they (like myself) put a clip before the intro. An intro is great for branding which is why I repect intros, but good intros and good usage of intros is where it matters.

I personally think intros should be different for the different types of videos there are, things such as lets-plays are appropriate to add something that was funny somewhere in the video itself, while others like CoD Montages are more for branding of the video, knowing where everything was sourced from and what its purpose is if it were for competition reasons. It really just depends on the video you want to do and your viewer base in the end.

I don't like intros.
And there's a certain type of intro that just makes me skip the video all together.

They are called "30-60 second Dubstep intros"

I'm with you there i am not a fan of intro's at all but i wont click away just because of one tho lol

The first 90-odd episodes of my series/channel had a 20 second introduction. I've recently scrapped them completely. Straight into the video now, with a little fade in/out overlay title. I prefer it.

An intro is fine in my opinion aslong as its not too long so that it gets boring. I dont care if the intro is 5min long or 5 seconds, aslong as I can enjoy watching it and not lose interest in the video before it even started :)

I don't like intros.
And there's a certain type of intro that just makes me skip the video all together.

They are called "30-60 second Dubstep intros"
excludung the dubstep (I think? maybe? IDK) my intro is relatively long to what people would prefer, my only reasoning for being okay with having a long intro on my channel is because most of my videos are also relatively long. Excluding The War of Mine I try to keep above 30 minutes and below 50 :)

Is it just me or do you all get annoyed when you see a cool thumbnail or interesting title and they have a intro... I personally hate intros and ALWAYS skip them.... What I like to do for a intro is take a funny clip from the video and put it in the start for a few seconds and start the video that way instead of having a big logo or somthing like that.

Do you like intros or do you get annoyed and skip right through them...

I think it makes the youtuber look more professional (if it isn't too cheesy and it's quick) I have a bumper logo quick in the beginning (just two seconds) and then another one for the actual series timed at the end.

My ending bumper is great for ending on a big punchline, adds to the ending.... but being a comedy youtuber myself, your idea isn't a bad one, the quick funny clip that is.... That's a decent hook to get the viewers attention and makes them want to stick around.... I've thought of doing this myself... It's a solid play if a logo bumper isn't your thing..... your just going to have to find a way to edit each episode to the beginning of the episode after your intro funny clip.... this is where a quick logo would come in handy ;) even if you just flash it quick for a second or something with an iconic sound that people can pair your brand with....

Back