How should I start YouTube?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GameCable

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I want to join, but i'm worried that I won't have enough time thanks to school and all that. I was thinking I could just record a whole heap of videos on sundays and upload them every day for the week. And I also think its to late to start YouTube. What do I do? P.S. I want to do gaming videos!

Last edited:
Reactions: videoeditgr

Kyonite

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Comedian
It's never too late to start Youtube! If anything, start now, but you don't have to treat it like a job or anything yet if you're still in school. You don't need a schedule to have fun on Youtube, so just start uploading whatever and whenever you feel like!

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I moved this to the strategy / technique advice forum. :)

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
First of all, it is never to late to start Youtube:) Just to make it clear... But you got to have time for it that´s for sure cause growing/running a channel takes lots and lots of time. I didn´t know how much time it takes but I konw now:) Also make sure WHY you start your channel in the first place. If it´s for fame and making easy money, think about it once more:)

Boki

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
I'll be a naysayer and say to wait till you're 18 (same advice I gave my 13 year old cousin).
If you mess up on the internet, and someone saves it... it's out there forever. Also - by the time you're 25, your pre-18 (and a number of post-18) videos will be a source of enormous cringe. Trust me on that. ;-)

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you are mature enough I say start ASAP. Even if you have a parent/guardian to go to for checking/advice.
Unfortunately there are lots of nasty people on the internet and a young person may not be able to deal with them all in the right way.

Reactions: videoeditgr

Emerrias

Reaction score
Just do it, in 10 years of weekly posting you might just RISE

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

YouTube4x4

I've Got It
Reaction score
If I could go back in time I would have started 10 years ago. First of all you need to make sure school remains the priority (trust me on this one) but if you organize yourself you actually are at the best stage to start off. Have fun but be responsible.

Good luck

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It’s never too late to start making videos. You can do one of two things, wait until you’re out of school to make videos or start making videos now but mske sure to still focus on school first.

curiousflavor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
A quote I love is, "The best time to start was yesterday, the second best time to start is now."