How to start YouTube right

scHD

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello everyone I'm a gamer/youtuber who has been doing YouTube for 2 months and have 15 subscribers. What I want to know is if there are any tips to help me grow. Thanks

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Need better games to play since a lot of people have done those videos.

Try and broaden your horizons.

I dunno.

Reactions: scHD

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I totally agree with @GrgakGames , you need to play better games.
I always recommend everyone to use better Microphones (e.g. Snowball) and El Gato or Bandicam to record games, audience love watching gamers playing the game as well as reacting to live situations going inside the game.
Always make attractive THUMBNAILS and write the attractive TITLE as well.
Write the description as detailed as possible, it should include whatever you have covered in your gaming video.
Tag your video very well.
Promote your videos on social media, or atleast create a Fan Page of your channel on social medias.
I hope that I helped you somehow.

TechSquizz

Our mission is to be the Ultimate Tech Channel!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
We started a month ago and after 3 weeks we had just reached 10 subs. As of 2 days ago we had just hit 20 and now we have added another 5 in the last 2 days and look to hit 30 in the next few days I guess. With more new videos coming this Tuesday we think we will hit 50 by Xmas and may hit 100 by NYE. It is hard and your not imagining it. If it were easy then everyone would have 1 million subs. Its hard and I like it that way because you feel like your earning the respect to get people to sub to you. It forces you make good content. Our last video took us from 13 subs to 25 in 3 days. Tuesdays Videos should see another spike. But we dont put it down to luck. We post our videos here and ask for feedback and every time we get that feedback we judge what is indeed true and relevant to our channel and implement it and we make that next video better and continue the process. Our latest video is pretty good and I'm not one to ever acknowledge or brag but its pretty decent and shows our potential. But we believe we can improve again! I love uploading that fresh video and waiting to see what people say and what the analytics show. Every good company evolves and continually improves its no different with the bottom fish like us or the top dogs like LinusTechTips.
You have to make goals and targets and set out to achieve them! You wont be a success over night on YouTube but if you have the goals in place and the attitude and keep chipping away at it every day, then one day you will stop and say damn Ive done alright here. And its a good way to think about life too. Have a look at our profile. We aim to be the Ultimate Tech Channel. That doesn't mean be the best and thats it. We want to be the ultimate and not stop there.
We started with another channel and worked out a few production techniques and then started this one. I wish we kept the other channel because its now at 125 subs and would have been a nice headstart but so be it. We believe in our system in place ill get us there. Which brings me back to your goal. You need to work it out and then work out what the direct path is to the goal and how you will do it and why it will work in detail. Ive explain it simply but its basically a business plan with a mission statement etc.

Another thing I heard is you need to invest in yourself at least 5 percent every year for things like training and equipment (in Life). Also read, read, read, read a ton of books. I knew nothing about cameras 2 years ago, now I believe I could give some Media Uni students a run for there money. And all I did was read books and saved up for a DSLR and shot photos and video every day till I get my head around it all.

Don't give up! But what I will say is. Gaming channels are hard work and so crowed that it really is starting to get boring! But if I were to start one. I'd look at getting the correct equipment. Do voice acting classes. Get my content structured and very tight, so it makes my life easier because I'm organised etc. I would insure a camera is on my face all the time when gaming. I'd stream live gameplay whilst recording it to edit later and upload to Vessel and then YouTube a week or two later. Also I'd pick new or very popular games.

Hope this makes sense. Its a fair rant and I cant even be bothered proof reading. It wouldnt matter anyways I only got a C- at school for english lol. (I know it shows lol)

scHD

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
We started a month ago and after 3 weeks we had just reached 10 subs. As of 2 days ago we had just hit 20 and now we have added another 5 in the last 2 days and look to hit 30 in the next few days I guess. With more new videos coming this Tuesday we think we will hit 50 by Xmas and may hit 100 by NYE. It is hard and your not imagining it. If it were easy then everyone would have 1 million subs. Its hard and I like it that way because you feel like your earning the respect to get people to sub to you. It forces you make good content. Our last video took us from 13 subs to 25 in 3 days. Tuesdays Videos should see another spike. But we dont put it down to luck. We post our videos here and ask for feedback and every time we get that feedback we judge what is indeed true and relevant to our channel and implement it and we make that next video better and continue the process. Our latest video is pretty good and I'm not one to ever acknowledge or brag but its pretty decent and shows our potential. But we believe we can improve again! I love uploading that fresh video and waiting to see what people say and what the analytics show. Every good company evolves and continually improves its no different with the bottom fish like us or the top dogs like LinusTechTips.
You have to make goals and targets and set out to achieve them! You wont be a success over night on YouTube but if you have the goals in place and the attitude and keep chipping away at it every day, then one day you will stop and say damn Ive done alright here. And its a good way to think about life too. Have a look at our profile. We aim to be the Ultimate Tech Channel. That doesn't mean be the best and thats it. We want to be the ultimate and not stop there.
We started with another channel and worked out a few production techniques and then started this one. I wish we kept the other channel because its now at 125 subs and would have been a nice headstart but so be it. We believe in our system in place ill get us there. Which brings me back to your goal. You need to work it out and then work out what the direct path is to the goal and how you will do it and why it will work in detail. Ive explain it simply but its basically a business plan with a mission statement etc.

Another thing I heard is you need to invest in yourself at least 5 percent every year for things like training and equipment (in Life). Also read, read, read, read a ton of books. I knew nothing about cameras 2 years ago, now I believe I could give some Media Uni students a run for there money. And all I did was read books and saved up for a DSLR and shot photos and video every day till I get my head around it all.

Don't give up! But what I will say is. Gaming channels are hard work and so crowed that it really is starting to get boring! But if I were to start one. I'd look at getting the correct equipment. Do voice acting classes. Get my content structured and very tight, so it makes my life easier because I'm organised etc. I would insure a camera is on my face all the time when gaming. I'd stream live gameplay whilst recording it to edit later and upload to Vessel and then YouTube a week or two later. Also I'd pick new or very popular games.

Hope this makes sense. Its a fair rant and I cant even be bothered proof reading. It wouldnt matter anyways I only got a C- at school for english lol. (I know it shows lol)
Woah thanks man it must of room ages to write!! :)

TechSquizz

Our mission is to be the Ultimate Tech Channel!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
ROOM* lol

Not a problem. I just read it again myself. I think it will make sense to you and others that stumble across it. I don't want to give away everything but at the end of the day you have to be up for the challenge and be ready for hard work and commitment!

Just stop and think about your structure and design a detailed plan for how you will get the views and subs. I wouldnt upload any more videos to you work this out. Otherwise your messing around in the dark not know where your headed.

I have 25 subs on one channel and 125 on another and I feel I could write a book on YouTube lol really???? lol

Take what I say with a pinch of salt. But it can only help having a clear goal and working backwards.

Don't give up!

scHD

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
ROOM* lol

Not a problem. I just read it again myself. I think it will make sense to you and others that stumble across it. I don't want to give away everything but at the end of the day you have to be up for the challenge and be ready for hard work and commitment!

Just stop and think about your structure and design a detailed plan for how you will get the views and subs. I wouldnt upload any more videos to you work this out. Otherwise your messing around in the dark not know where your headed.

I have 25 subs on one channel and 125 on another and I feel I could write a book on YouTube lol really???? lol

Take what I say with a pinch of salt. But it can only help having a clear goal and working backwards.

Don't give up!
Thanks man ur advice has helped me nether the less:)

KLENK

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
My channel is also a gaming channel and we have only just started uploading content (Only 2 videos so far, an introduction video and a highly edited CS:GO video). We're currently sitting at 12 subscribers after these two videos, which isn't a whole lot but it's a start and I appreciate every single one of those subscribers.

My advice to you would be to maybe play more relevant games, not many people will want to watch Black Ops 2 videos in 2015/16 when newer games in the series have been released. Also, maybe you should create a schedule for your uploads? Personally, my videos go up twice a week (Every Tuesday and Friday) because it best suits my personal schedule... so maybe you should find what bests suits you and stick to that.... Anyway, it's just a though, I hope I helped somehow :)

scHD

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
My channel is also a gaming channel and we have only just started uploading content (Only 2 videos so far, an introduction video and a highly edited CS:GO video). We're currently sitting at 12 subscribers after these two videos, which isn't a whole lot but it's a start and I appreciate every single one of those subscribers.

My advice to you would be to maybe play more relevant games, not many people will want to watch Black Ops 2 videos in 2015/16 when newer games in the series have been released. Also, maybe you should create a schedule for your uploads? Personally, my videos go up twice a week (Every Tuesday and Friday) because it best suits my personal scheduled... so maybe you should find what bests suits you and stick to that.... Anyway, it's just a though, I hope I helped somehow :)
Thanks man it helped me a lot

GamingwithNick

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello everyone I'm a gamer/youtuber who has been doing YouTube for 2 months and have 15 subscribers. What I want to know is if there are any tips to help me grow. Thanks
A good way to start is by grabbing a couple games that just came out, and making videos of those. Or games that have yet to come out. I am trying to position myself for No Man's Sky in June. So I'm going to make weekly videos about it until it comes out.