How to reach a female audience?

adl92

Reaction score
Hey guys! I got pretty lucky and got to 100 within 5 days and it's been 9 days and I'm at 294 subs with 6,695 views! I'm pretty happy about that. I also started a new Instagram to go with my YouTube account and I've gained 140 followers in the last week.

My only gripe is that I'm not hitting my target demographic. I'm trying to do fitness/lifestyle/beauty so as a female, I'm struggling to reach the women I want to reach and instead am reaching pervy males who like my reviews on leggings and leave disgusting comments (one of them got 6k views in less than a week). I understand it's something that all female youtubers pretty much deal with and I do have a decent amount of comments from women who found my videos pretty useful, but I'm looking at my analytics and it's 86% male and 14% female lol. My Instagram demographic is better, my followers are 65% women and 35% men, and I'm getting solid interaction with females as well (but lots of comments from guys and attempts to slide in my DMs lol).

Do you guys have any suggestions on how to reach a female audience? I am going to try to be more active in the female fitness community and leave more comments on other's videos, but I'm disgusted with alot of the comments I get and have to filter through them. I swear it's not something I'm aiming for, but it just happens with girls who post workout videos or clothing hauls/reviews.

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Nice work! That's crazy good channel growth. Have you been doing anything to promote your channel? Would be interested to know what you've been doing to get such great growth. Again, well done :)

Reactions: adl92

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm struggling to reach the women I want to reach and instead am reaching pervy males who like my reviews on leggings and leave disgusting comments
Missed your point on the pervs and comments etc.

You can try and police your comments section by using "blocked words" to make sure those comments containing pervy terms never appear. Also NEVER REPLY! I have a few female blogger friends and if you reply to pervs (even if it's telling them to go away), they LOVE the attention.

You're also doing the right thing in terms of getting involved in the female fitness community, that could help get you more subs and help the male/female balance.

I hope this helps, but ultimately, you can't stop pervs :(

adl92

Reaction score
Missed your point on the pervs and comments etc.

You can try and police your comments section by using "blocked words" to make sure those comments containing pervy terms never appear. Also NEVER REPLY! I have a few female blogger friends and if you reply to pervs (even if it's telling them to go away), they LOVE the attention.

You're also doing the right thing in terms of getting involved in the female fitness community, that could help get you more subs and help the male/female balance.

I hope this helps, but ultimately, you can't stop pervs :(
Hi! I only have 3 vids lol but I’m trying to post something every week, I look at the keywords other female fitness gurus use and copy them into my tags lol, I think my thumbnails are pretty good. But honestly, I think it’s easier for women to grow, esp in something like fitness, bc if you’re mildly attractive, you’ll not only attract girls but also guys (and that’s where my problem is lol). I didn’t know about the blocked words! I’m going to do that, thank you!

I’m growing quickly, but I feel frustrated about the pervy guys lol. I don’t want that to be my whole audience. I’m constantly deleting comments that say things like, “I want to lick the sweat between your butt cheeks”, or “Nice toe.” I also think it’s harder as an Asian women because the guys are even grosser and creepier because it’s a fetish thing as well. I follow this one girl who is also Asian and does fitness videos/activewear reviews and the comments on her videos disgust me, but she has 13k subs and it doesn’t seem to bother her. I have a tough skin so it’s not about as much about being offended as much as being disappointed when seeing I have a notification for a comment and it’s something extremely vulgar and objectifying. It’s a double edged sword - it’s easy for me to get a lot of followers because I’m a girl and I’m constantly showing my body on camera for workouts/try one, but the quality of my followers is terrible lol.

Reactions: Darren Taylor