How to monetize videos?

Borislav

Reaction score
Hi im starting a channel and i want to monetize my videos. How do i do that? What ads do i choose? I see many people have 1.5 CPM on their videos. What are the most common used ads? Its my first time so i don't know how and what to choose.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
If you are only just starting a channel, you cannot monetize at all.

As of April 6th of this year, a new rule went into effect. Channels must now surpass 10,000 lifetime views before they are eligible for monetization. They then must apply for approval to the YouTube Partner Programme.

The candidate channel will then be reviewed for the following:

1. Copyright compliance

2. Community Guidelines compliance.

3. General YouTube Terms of Service compliance, including publicity and privacy rights.

Channels hoping to make money off unlicensed copyright content, certain types of prank videos, compilations, religious or political commentary, dangerous stunts, e.t.c., will be automatically denied monetization under these new rules. A denied channel will be given the general guidelines which might have drawn the denial, but no specific information.

A denied channel owner will be given a 30 day cooloff period to find and remove the media which led to the denial; after which period, he or she may reapply for monetization approval.

Once approved, advertisers bid to place ads against your videos. You do not choose what ads will appear; you can only choose what will not appear by blocking certain ad types in your Adsense Dashboard.

Reactions: Borislav

Nathua

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If you are only just starting a channel, you cannot monetize at all.

As of April 6th of this year, a new rule went into effect. Channels must now surpass 10,000 lifetime views before they are eligible for monetization. They then must apply for approval to the YouTube Partner Programme.

The candidate channel will then be reviewed for the following:

1. Copyright compliance

2. Community Guidelines compliance.

3. General YouTube Terms of Service compliance, including publicity and privacy rights.

Channels hoping to make money off unlicensed copyright content, certain types of prank videos, compilations, religious or political commentary, dangerous stunts, e.t.c., will be automatically denied monetization under these new rules. A denied channel will be given the general guidelines which might have drawn the denial, but no specific information.

A denied channel owner will be given a 30 day cooloff period to find and remove the media which led to the denial; after which period, he or she may reapply for monetization approval.

Once approved, advertisers bid to place ads against your videos. You do not choose what ads will appear; you can only choose what will not appear by blocking certain ad types in your Adsense Dashboard.
I actually disagree. I have a little less than 3000 views but i was still able to monetise. So was my friends, and he as on less than 1000....

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
I actually disagree. I have a little less than 3000 views but i was still able to monetise. So was my friends, and he as on less than 1000....
If I had VIP, I would link you to the relevant section of YouTube Help.

First, look at your monetization section. If you started your channel prior to April 6th of this year it will show as fully monetized; however your videos will not be showing ads; and no ads placed means no possibility of revenue earned. You can check this by having one or more friends watch your videos to see if ads are indeed being shown. If you started your channel after April 1st, you have to apply to join the YouTube Partner Program, and have your videos reviewed for compliance when your channel reaches 10K lifetime views.

Next, look at your Revenue section of Analytics; tell us if it is showing any earnings at all? You may have the green dollar sign on all of your videos; but unless independent viewing confirms those videos with the green dollar sign are showing ads, you aren't earning any money.

And YouTube will not place ads against those videos until you have reached 10,000 lifetime views. I know this for a fact: I have several channels in the very same state.

Reactions: Borislav