How to gain more subscribers?

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Well the biggest thing I would say is be yourself, and play to your strengths. I mean i'm an idiot, but an idiot that can cook...so I basically just do both. Subscribers will come, but I just enjoy making videos.

SpecsTech

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
- Networking. This means social medias, forums, friends, etc. If you think you would do good with a collab, do it. I suggest doing it with someone with a few more subs than you or around your subs.

- Good channel art. You want to catch peoples attention. Ask yourself how many times you click on a video because the thumbnail is catchy.

- Good SEO. Really important... nobody will find your videos otherwise.

- Interact with your subscribers. Reply to every comment possible.

- Keep a good steady upload schedule.

- QUALITY CONTENT. This is KEY. Don't upload a video on a day if you think your content is going to suck. Only upload good videos.
Thanks dude, I get what you're saying, I'll keep at it, I'm sure I'll do better over time[DOUBLEPOST=1479341160,1479341128][/DOUBLEPOST]
- Networking. This means social medias, forums, friends, etc. If you think you would do good with a collab, do it. I suggest doing it with someone with a few more subs than you or around your subs.

- Good channel art. You want to catch peoples attention. Ask yourself how many times you click on a video because the thumbnail is catchy.

- QUALITY CONTENT. This is KEY. Don't upload a video on a day if you think your content is going to suck. Only upload good videos.
Thanks dude, I get what you're saying, I'll keep at it, I'm sure I'll do better over time
Alright here are some tips
1. Always figure out ways to get better, being at editing or at thumbnail or at anything else.
2. Advertise your videos, when you upload a new video share it on twitter or on facebook, you can join groups on facebook that are just for youtubers and share your video there, also try Google+ communities.
3. Just upload, always be uploading video the rest will come :)
I've always struggled with Twitter, but I'll give it a go

Reactions: SandManOnly

piaiscool

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

This was very helpful!

And also was everyone else's advice! I've learned so much. :smug::smug:

GadVeen

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Hello everyone, I'm Specs, I'm new here, I've recently started a new channel and I was wondering if there is any good ways to gain more traffic to my videos and gain some subscribers, I've been attempting to upload a video every day for the last week to keep consistency up, I was just wondering if there are any tips to help me?
Check the below post. I know I've posted it some time back to a similar question, but its worth it. It summaries well. (add http:// prefix as Im not able to post URLs)

yttalk.com/threads/1-000-subscribers-in-4-months-how-i-did-it.212017/

Mrcento

Reaction score
MAKE GOOD VIDEOS
Doesn't work. Seriously, it's luck of the draw what gets hits and what doesn't when you're a small channel. Yt directing their traffic towards trends means it's nigh on impossible to strategically build your channel unless you already have a viewerbase to work with. Your content of course will always be important, that goes without saying but actually getting people to find it to begin with the is the challenge. It doesn't matter if you've made the greatest video of all time, if you don't already have numbers ready to view it then it's hidden way down in results then nobody will find it. nobody will click on it. If nobody clicks on it, it won't be high in searches to be clicked on in future.

"strategy" only works so far on Yt. Yes it helps to have one, but when it comes down to it, the only one is marketing your channel and hanging on for grim life with SEO whilst keeping pumping out good quality videos until one or two fluke their way into being noticed and lead people to check out the rest of your content.

Andrew0109

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Im a drone channel and there doesnt seem much demand for flights in the uk at least unless its illegal, team blacksheep tea time in london comes to mind. I feel sad i only have 14 subs that seems like my sweet spot lol.[DOUBLEPOST=1483660819,1483659805][/DOUBLEPOST]Im skeptical about the big hitters im not convinced they did it all alone i think a hidden force weather youtube or an outside company are paid to hype people up and get them in the press etc, someones getting a big back hander on some channels i reckon. I cant understand why people do say a product review and its just average review get 10s of thousand of reviews i simply dont get it unless like i say someones been paid.[DOUBLEPOST=1483660879][/DOUBLEPOST]Im gonna say all this advice is good but the biggest secret is excellent flawless editing skills think casey.

FRANKIEandEMILY

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger

this really sums it up well. For us, we've gotten to almost 300 subs in 2 months by being consistent, trying to make the best content possible, and being creative with how we grow.

the way i see it is you have a few options: you can either post videos and cross your fingers, or master your craft and constantly think/try/fail/try again to better yourself and your channel.

Nebojsa032

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
SEO, daily or regular upload, good quality content, dedication and patience, respect your subscribers. :)

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
this really sums it up well. For us, we've gotten to almost 300 subs in 2 months by being consistent, trying to make the best content possible, and being creative with how we grow.

the way i see it is you have a few options: you can either post videos and cross your fingers, or master your craft and constantly think/try/fail/try again to better yourself and your channel.
This is the best advice I've read.
Quality, consistency, and creativity are the keys. Your quality will of course improve the more consistently that you produce and publish videos. I would recommend that you focus on this first, and SEO be a secondary priority.

kingdombunniez

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This is the best advice I've read.
Quality, consistency, and creativity are the keys. Your quality will of course improve the more consistently that you produce and publish videos. I would recommend that you focus on this first, and SEO be a secondary priority.
That is some solid advice. Someone also wrote (I can't remember who and in what topic on this forum) But it is all about you. It is called youtube for a reason (I remember that line from the person who write it). Of course good/ quality content is what you need. But people don't have to act like idiots (if it works for you go of course)