How to correctly gain an audience?

I think one of the key things is to make content that you want to watch. Whenever I write a play or film a video, it's something that I think I, if I were browsing across YouTube or reading the theater listings, would be interested in taking the time to see. You always need to make content for someone (as opposed to making content for "everyone" or "anyone," if that makes any sense), and you should be interested enough in your own content first, because if you're just uploading videos in the hopes of gaining views, that's going to become tedious and not very much fun for you, and I really think it shows in the channel. People upload less regularly when they don't like what they're creating, and their updates seem half-hearted, and viewers just really don't have as good a time as they could with someone who is just having a blast every time they make a video.

Please share your tips with me and probably others on how to correctly gain an audience. As a small YouTuber I would love to get the assistance you guys can lend me. Thanks! ;]

I think the best ways to promote your channel to get more views, subscribers and to grow your Youtube channel is:

- Share/promote your videos/channel on social networks(Facebook/Twitter/Younow) and forums like yttalk.com
I have found DM(direct message) people on Twitter telling them to check out your Youtube or new video it is the BEST WAY to get views/subscribers especailly when you are small Youtuber or just starting out on Youtube, it is working out very good for me so far, now i am getting a lot more videos views and subscribers than ever before. :)

1st you have to set up a Auto DM(or multiple DM's) on a site like Crowdfireapp.com each time you get a new follower on Twitter they will get your auto DM saying thanks for following and telling them to check out your Youtube channel or video.

But you have to follow(a least over +200/1.000 people at a time) lots of people(followers of Small/Big Youtubers and people who likes Youtube) to get lots of followers after you set up a auto DM on Crowdfireapp.com in order for it work and to get lots more video views and subscribers to your Youtube channel!

But once you hit the follow limit(unable to follow some more people), you have to unfollow the people who are not following you back and then you can follow lots more people again that's what i do instead of just waiting for the follow limit to end so you can some more follow people again.

Keep in mind you are going get lots of follow limits on Twitter but the best way is to unfollow people and then you can follow lots more people on Twitter again, It is so worth it. :)

And you can unfollow people on Twitter by using a site like Tweepi.com(The best one to unfollow and follow lots of people), and other sites like Crowdfireapp.com, Manageflitter.com. :)

After a year of doing this since i started doing DM people telling them to check out my Youtube(or video in another DM) on Twitter I have a lot more video views now nearly a year ago and i was getting 1/2 MAX subs per month and was not getting any video views for a very long time, i use to have only about 26/28 subscribers a year ago and now i have about 3.1K subscribers on Youtube and most of them are active subs and i am getting comments on my Youtube videos, and i just love interacting with my viewers/subscribers which is great and i checked on Youtube analytics in the last month(30 days) i have gained over 350 subscribers. :D :D

My Youtube channel is growing a lot more now than a year ago i am getting credit for my videos now which it is great! :) :) :D :D

And it is NOTHING like Sub4sub because if you do Sub4sub all you get is dead/fake Subscribers and is complete garbage.

OTHER GOOD WAYS:

- Reply to your comments on your videos and post good and nice comments on other Youtubers videos and make friends and collab with other Youtubers.

- Have a good/eye catching looking banner on your Youtube channel and create good custom video thumbnails on your videos because it attracts viewers and potential subscribers and keep posting good quality content on your videos.

- And try to be consistent with your videos every week as it is not good uploading videos for a couple weeks and then after no new videos for a couple months because it puts off potential subscribers.

That all i have at the moment.

Hope this helps. :)

1st you have to set up a Auto DM(or multiple DM's) on a site like Crowdfireapp.com each time you get a new follower on Twitter they will get your auto DM saying thanks for following and telling them to check out your Youtube channel or video.

I suppose this is different for everyone - but as someone who has done social media professionally + been on Twitter since 2007... this is a terrible idea for most people. I'm sorry, but auto-DMs are largely (and publicly) vilified for their nonsense. Social media is supposed to be social, not scripted. Again, this may work - but I find it gross and generally unfollow anyone that does it, EVEN if I'm interested in their content. It's just not a good look. Just do a search on Twitter for 'Auto DM' and you'll see just how hated it is.

Great addition to your points. Really great points I will sure try to follow.
I think the best ways to promote your channel to get more views, subscribers and to grow your Youtube channel is:

- Share/promote your videos/channel on social networks(Facebook/Twitter/Younow) and forums like yttalk.com
I have found DM(direct message) people on Twitter telling them to check out your Youtube or new video it is the BEST WAY to get views/subscribers especailly when you are small Youtuber or just starting out on Youtube, it is working out very good for me so far, now i am getting a lot more videos views and subscribers than ever before. :)

But you have to follow(a least over +200/1.000 people at a time) lots of people(followers of Small/Big Youtubers and people who likes Youtube) to get lots of followers after you set up a auto DM on Crowdfireapp.com in order for it work and to get lots more video views and subscribers to your Youtube channel!

But once you hit the follow limit(unable to follow some more people), you have to unfollow the people who are not following you back and then you can follow lots more people again that's what i do instead of just waiting for the follow limit to end so you can some more follow people again.

Keep in mind you are going get lots of follow limits on Twitter but the best way is to unfollow people and then you can follow lots more people on Twitter again, It is so worth it. :)

And you can unfollow people on Twitter by using a site like Tweepi.com(The best one to unfollow and follow lots of people), and other sites like Crowdfireapp.com, Manageflitter.com. :)

After a year of doing this since i started doing DM people telling them to check out my Youtube(or video in another DM) on Twitter I have a lot more video views now nearly a year ago and i was getting 1/2 MAX subs per month and was not getting any video views for a very long time, i use to have only about 26/28 subscribers a year ago and now i have about 3.1K subscribers on Youtube and most of them are active subs and i am getting comments on my Youtube videos, and i just love interacting with my viewers/subscribers which is great and i checked on Youtube analytics in the last month(30 days) i have gained over 350 subscribers. :D :D

My Youtube channel is growing a lot more now than a year ago i am getting credit for my videos now which it is great! :) :) :D :D

And it is NOTHING like Sub4sub because if you do Sub4sub all you get is dead/fake Subscribers and is complete garbage.

OTHER GOOD WAYS:

- Reply to your comments on your videos and post good and nice comments on other Youtubers videos and make friends and collab with other Youtubers.

- Have a good/eye catching looking banner on your Youtube channel and create good custom video thumbnails on your videos because it attracts viewers and potential subscribers and keep posting good quality content on your videos.

- And try to be consistent with your videos every week as it is not good uploading videos for a couple weeks and then after no new videos for a couple months because it puts off potential subscribers.

That all i have at the moment.

Hope this helps. :)

That was a handful to read but honestky very helpful. I may do the other ones but i really like how you incorporated Twitter to be successful. Good for you.

I use Pinterest, a fair amount; how to use it, to produce a channel? With Facebook, I just send updates for new content.

Ask yourself, "Is my videos getting out there?" If not, why? Because, (personally I know your videos can get there), but you have to SHAAAAARE. But not throw it against the wall to make it stick, but find communities and share it there. I mean there is many, many ways to share, and you have to go the mile that others won't.

Ask yourself, "Is my videos getting out there?" If not, why? Because, (personally I know your videos can get there), but you have to SHAAAAARE. But not throw it against the wall to make it stick, but find communities and share it there. I mean there is many, many ways to share, and you have to go the mile that others won't.
LOL Thanks for the comments. I'm going to be honest, i have no where to share. i haven't found any forums to just share my videos other than this.[DOUBLEPOST=1450755688,1450755672][/DOUBLEPOST]
I use Pinterest, a fair amount; how to use it, to produce a channel? With Facebook, I just send updates for new content.
Pintresting... ;)

This is slightly off topic. but I looked last year for online forums on international events, and didn't find, many, which made it hard for me to promote my socio-political blog, as a result.

I didn't know how to find a world-event forum, and finally found one, but it had hard rules about promoting blogs.
How to find one?

Now, I'm pursuing a Youtube vlog, and am now facing similar issues. Why aren't there more socio-political news forums on the internet, and probably more relevant, what are they called? Also, there don't seem to be many conservative vlogs on youtube, though there are many atheist ones.

How to find them?

Last edited:
Back