How should I classify my channel?

AM2PM

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'm struggling with how to identify my channel in terms of type. I look at the list Music, Vlog, Pets, comedy etc.

Our channel is a little weird. We are identical twins and we compete against each other in a bunch of different things. We are trying to be funny, but is also a bit of an experiment on how alike identical twins are. The competitions run the gambit.

We've done 5 so far. Holding our breath underwater, Hot Dog eating comp, 100 Meter dash, The Milkman challenge (drinking a lot of milk) and Building a fire to boil water. Upcoming we've got Archery, Golf, donating blood. Basically anything you 2 people can compete against each other in, we might do.

So how do I classify it? Science? Entertainment?

Just wondering what you guys think, and if that really matters at all.

Thanks in advance.

umbysworld

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Looking at a list of video categories I would say "people and blogs". Since your channel is kind of a "reality" channel (in TV terms) then the people part would apply. The channel is about you and your brother. It doesn't really matter what kind of things you do as much as it is about who you are. What categories do you use when you upload videos?

Reactions: AM2PM

AM2PM

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Looking at a list of video categories I would say "people and blogs". Since your channel is kind of a "reality" channel (in TV terms) then the people part would apply. The channel is about you and your brother. It doesn't really matter what kind of things you do as much as it is about who you are. What categories do you use when you upload videos?
Thanks for responding. I do use people and blogs for the most part. I guess I could always change the category when the video is different. We plan on playing Madden against each other in the future, so I would certainly make that one gaming. But I wonder about the channel as a whole. Thanks again.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I think this is more of a branding thread, so I've moved it to the Branding/Channel design forum ^^