How Much Success Have You Had With Reddit?

Toast Gaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm curious to know how much success you've had with reddit and if there are specific subreddits you have had success with?

I'm asking as a post from my channel will normally get maybe 1 up vote and rarely ends in a subscriber. My friend, however, who started his channel around the same time as me and up until a month ago has had roughly the same subscriber count, has had nothing but amazing results from reddit. His videos routinely get over 1000 views, primarily from reddit, and ends up netting him consistent subscribers. A prime example was yesterday - he had posted a video the night before. In the first 15 hours he had 50 views. He posted it on reddit at that point, got 250 up votes and the video is now at 2700 views and has netted him over 100 subscribers.

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
My most success on Reddit came from my Acoustic Acapella, The Quiet Things by Brand New which I posted on the Brand New subreddit. It got 59 upvotes and over 800 views. My philosophy with reddit is to post on smaller subreddits since the people on those ones seem to be nicer. As long as your sharing rather than promoting and posting relevant stuff, then it should go well :)

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I haven't really posted on reddit that often.

My humor i'd think is for 16 - 25 but a lot of people that enjoy the things I do are a bit older.

No clue honestly. would rather not take the chance

Reactions: KidsCorner

newage

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I think I already answered this in a previous thread.

You can check my reddit account if you want reddit.com/user/erfg12/

My last post got 27 up votes.

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I was able to get some hundred views per video but audience retention was bad. I now focus on smaller more focused subreddits and have a better audience retention.

Hazzador

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have not posted anything on there. I hear you could get quite a backlash because people there don't like self-advertising. Of course you could get benefits from it, but I would rather not take the risk

Reactions: Tabbes

Galvin Lee

The Unique Guitarist
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You gotta be REALLY REALLY lucky on Reddit to get people to actually see your stuff. Pick correct subreddits to start with.

PureDangles

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Reddit for me is a hit and miss. I have an EA NHL channel, and i try posting to EA NHL sub reddits, a lot of time time i actually get down voted, even if I'm doing a giveaway for a free player. I guess in that community they call it spamming my channel when i even post a video of issues I have with the gameplay. Im active on the NewTuber reddit, and those guys are great, but i dont use them for views just youtube help.

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Reddit has gotten my videos anywhere from about 1300 to 17,000 views. The trick is how to title your videos depending on the subreddit. Reddit is responsible for most of my traffic.

Toast Gaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Reddit has gotten my videos anywhere from about 1300 to 17,000 views. The trick is how to title your videos depending on the subreddit. Reddit is responsible for most of my traffic.
Wow, those are some INSANE reddit results. Congrats on that success. Any tips you could provide on titling the videos like you mentioned?