How Much Success Have You Had With Reddit?

I was actually just thinking about this very topic when I saw this post, thanks for starting it. I think I'm gonna start posting and see what happens, I'll try and post my results on here

Everything I've done with Reddit has been negative. I write for gaming websites in my free time, and even when I'm trying to put up a relevant article about a change/update to a game, I just get lit up, down voted, and removed from the subreddit.

Haven't had much luck in reddit, but I'll admit, it's where most of my traffic come from. Huge subreddits like r/funny doesn't seem to like it when u post your own stuff. Which kinda sucks for me cuz I can't gi incognito, I have the same username in every online account I have :/ and the thing with smaller youtube subreddits is that they're usually a lot less active. I recently ot banned from r/funny and r/humor at the same time (no idea why, i havent posted in r/funny in months), they probably had a mutual mod. Now I dunno any other subreddits which is kinda active. I agree with the statements said above me, smaller subreddits seem to have much nicer people. I've only had one video with positive upvotes in reddit (which was 4 LOL) in r/humor, aaaand now Im banned lol

Haven't had much luck in reddit, but I'll admit, it's where most of my traffic come from. Huge subreddits like r/funny doesn't seem to like it when u post your own stuff. Which kinda sucks for me cuz I can't gi incognito, I have the same username in every online account I have :/ and the thing with smaller youtube subreddits is that they're usually a lot less active. I recently ot banned from r/funny and r/humor at the same time (no idea why, i havent posted in r/funny in months), they probably had a mutual mod. Now I dunno any other subreddits which is kinda active. I agree with the statements said above me, smaller subreddits seem to have much nicer people. I've only had one video with positive upvotes in reddit (which was 4 LOL) in r/humor, aaaand now Im banned lol
Nothing says you can't start over. Make a new account and start posting and commenting other stuff. Do that for a while to build up some Karma and then introduce one of your vids. Better to put a video on a smaller subreddit where it might get at least a few views, than put it on a big one that gets you banned or removed instantly. I use other peoples videos here and post them around reddit so I can build my karma. It works. Commenting is also helpful. I know on /r/videos you have to have 10 link and 10 comment karma before you can even post anything. But lots of smaller subreddits have no such rules. It is a great place to get some view, but it isn't easy.

r/videos hates me and I've been banned from a few subreddits after even just one post, but there's some subreddits which absolutely love me and have given me a fair amount of subscribers. I give credit to my most viewed video (approaching 28K now) to Reddit mostly. It's great to kickstart brand new videos into at least a 100+ views. I think posting quality links on there daily as long as you're following the 90/10 rule will help your channel grow in half the time

Nothing says you can't start over. Make a new account and start posting and commenting other stuff. Do that for a while to build up some Karma and then introduce one of your vids. Better to put a video on a smaller subreddit where it might get at least a few views, than put it on a big one that gets you banned or removed instantly. I use other peoples videos here and post them around reddit so I can build my karma. It works. Commenting is also helpful. I know on /r/videos you have to have 10 link and 10 comment karma before you can even post anything. But lots of smaller subreddits have no such rules. It is a great place to get some view, but it isn't easy.

Great tips man! Alright I'll try that too ^_^

I've had some success here and there thanks to Reddit, although I don't frequent very large communities, so it's not ridiculously huge or anything.

I think it also depends largely on what your content is about. For example, I've got a video where I highlighted the DIY aspects of my studio I built. I posted that in the DIY forum and the views skyrocketed. For me, that's a relative term because my videos aren't going 100+ yet. But this DIY video nearly has over 800 views. Why? Because the sub reddit is DIY and people there actually WANT to see what other people do. It's not just a gaming subreddit where people toss in their video in the hopes that others will want to watch them there. They'll just goto Youtube for that. I haven't found the magical subreddit for games yet though and quite honestly, I don't think I will.

Back