How many people have Youtube Red??

I've earned some from youtube red. It's pennies, but it's there. So, yes. People are paying for it. I would imagine it isn't very many though. I've never even seen youtube push the service

I is Apple Music and that works fine for me. If YouTube Red got these things I'd pay.

1. Custom playlists in YouTube Music App

2. Artist library

3. TV and Movies beyond YouTube Red Shows.

One of the things that's keeping me from getting YouTube Red is the fact that they came to the market so late...I already had Netflix and Amazon Prime, then I just got Hulu so I could watch the new Stephen King miniseries 11.22.63. So it would kind of ridiculous to get yet another streaming service. If YouTube Red was able to get a unique series that I just had to watch, that might entice me.

I've had YouTube Red for just over a month.

My sole purpose and only feature I use is the ability to watch ad-free. No more do I have to hear about a man with his Lamborghini in his garage (I'm sure you have seen that ad awhile back, it became a meme).

Reasons I don't use it for anything else:
  • None of the premium RED exclusive stuff interests me currently
  • I don't need to download for offline because I have unlimited data through T-Mobile USA (I used to work there, not going to get into a cell debate if anyone wanted to try, LOL). I use 100+ GB of data a month without any slowdown ever. I'll stream YouTube and save space on my phone, thank you.
  • I haven't gone on a trip to a place without signal or wifi that I couldn't stream, and if on said trip, I wouldn't be doing much YouTube watching anyway.
  • I don't use YouTube Music, I have 2 or 3 other music streaming services on my phone that work just fine. If I was going to watch/listen to music on YouTube, it would be to watch the music video.

Honestly, outside of the ad-free part, the only thing I see myself occasionally enjoy is closing the app to go into texting or whatever on mobile, or having my phone screen off if listening to a podcast. But that honestly isn't a selling point to me as you used to be able to do this a few years back on mobile, then YouTube removed that feature so they could sell it to you. Much like offline viewing. I know on Android, I believe iOS too (I switch between the two every 6 months), YouTube App had a feature that commonly watched subscriptions would have their videos saved offline for you automatically, so you could watch them without buffering. They removed that to charge you now too.

So is YouTube RED worth it? For me, not seeing ads is worth it and I'll pay for that reason. Just like I will pay to have hulu remove ads and pay for netflix for that reason too.

I've had YouTube Red for just over a month.

My sole purpose and only feature I use is the ability to watch ad-free. No more do I have to hear about a man with his Lamborghini in his garage (I'm sure you have seen that ad awhile back, it became a meme).

Reasons I don't use it for anything else:
  • None of the premium RED exclusive stuff interests me currently
  • I don't need to download for offline because I have unlimited data through T-Mobile USA (I used to work there, not going to get into a cell debate if anyone wanted to try, LOL). I use 100+ GB of data a month without any slowdown ever. I'll stream YouTube and save space on my phone, thank you.
  • I haven't gone on a trip to a place without signal or wifi that I couldn't stream, and if on said trip, I wouldn't be doing much YouTube watching anyway.
  • I don't use YouTube Music, I have 2 or 3 other music streaming services on my phone that work just fine. If I was going to watch/listen to music on YouTube, it would be to watch the music video.

Honestly, outside of the ad-free part, the only thing I see myself occasionally enjoy is closing the app to go into texting or whatever on mobile, or having my phone screen off if listening to a podcast. But that honestly isn't a selling point to me as you used to be able to do this a few years back on mobile, then YouTube removed that feature so they could sell it to you. Much like offline viewing. I know on Android, I believe iOS too (I switch between the two every 6 months), YouTube App had a feature that commonly watched subscriptions would have their videos saved offline for you automatically, so you could watch them without buffering. They removed that to charge you now too.

So is YouTube RED worth it? For me, not seeing ads is worth it and I'll pay for that reason. Just like I will pay to have hulu remove ads and pay for netflix for that reason too.

What Music services do you use?

I don't have it and probably never will. I don't mind the ads and all the "premium" content looks like garbage anyway. I already use Netflix, Amazon Prime and Hulu Plus. I don't use any music streaming services so I only listen to what's on the radio.

I've noticed something about the free trial. If you go thru the Youtube website, there's the free trial and then $9.99 a month but if you look at the free trial on your phone (I have an iPhone), there's the free trial and then $12.99 a month. Whats up with that? This is just another reason I will not get Youtube Red. Something is shady about it.

I don't have it and probably never will. I don't mind the ads and all the "premium" content looks like garbage anyway. I already use Netflix, Amazon Prime and Hulu Plus. I don't use any music streaming services so I only listen to what's on the radio.

I've noticed something about the free trial. If you go thru the Youtube website, there's the free trial and then $9.99 a month but if you look at the free trial on your phone (I have an iPhone), there's the free trial and then $12.99 a month. Whats up with that? This is just another reason I will not get Youtube Red. Something is shady about it.

it's only 12.99 if you pay via the iphone

Back