How Important are Channel Trailers?

Maffew

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
After seeing a few channel trailers, some very good, some not so, I was wondering how important or beneficial they are? More specifically, has anyone noticed a positive change (likes, subs, etc) once they put a channel trailer up?

I've been meaning to make a channel trailer, and I will regardless, but I suppose I'm wondering if it was worth doing it sooner rather than later!

Thanks guys :)

LeGenDaryPuLse

Rhythm Savage
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
I don't think they are that important. I think an intro video is alright, but a channel trailer does look more professional

ChazTheRipper

Just a random YouTuber...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
They aren't that important but definitely look great. I personally like the style of Creative Collective, they make some AWESOME channel trailers.

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I use the channel trailer feature to promote what I want people to see most. Used to be a trailer for the channel, atm its a trailer for upcoming song and when that releases it'll be the song itself. I see it more as putting your best foot forward rather than a trailer for the channel since channels evolve all the time.

Maffew

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I use the channel trailer feature to promote what I want people to see most. Used to be a trailer for the channel, atm its a trailer for upcoming song and when that releases it'll be the song itself. I see it more as putting your best foot forward rather than a trailer for the channel since channels evolve all the time.
That's an awesome tip man, cheers :) So did you see a difference in channel traffic once you started using trailers?

Reactions: MattyGreen

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
That's an awesome tip man, cheers :) So did you see a difference in channel traffic once you started using trailers?
Naturally I saw the video as the trailer go up more than the others since it plays when people check out your channel. Since it got loads of views and not many subscribers gained from it I thought it best to change to something else to see if that works!