How I Got My First 100 Subscribers in Two Weeks

Eric Bieller

Adventurer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Greetings YTtalk!

So I just hit 100 subscribers on my channel and it’s only been two weeks! I wanted to do a quick post to share how I accomplished this, hopefully it will help the YouTubers out there with brand new channels who are struggling to hit that crucial 100 mark.

Be advised, the strategy I used is hard work. You’ve got to be willing to put in the effort! And, first and foremost, your content HAS TO BE GOOD! If your content isn’t compelling, then most people aren't going to want to subscribe to you anyways.

So here’s the strategy I used.

I spent 30 minutes to 1 hour every day networking with other vloggers on YouTube.

The process looked something like this:
  1. Find a new vlogger on Twitter by searching terms like “travel vlogger” and “first vlog”. You can also head over to reddit to find new vloggers.
  2. Watch their vlog. If it’s interesting, comment on whatever stood out in the video and offer some words of encouragement. The key here is to be genuine. Don’t make stuff up. Only comment if you truly feel compelled to. And always be encouraging. And never pimp your channel in a comment. That’s just slimy and spammy.
  3. Like the tweet and follow them if you think their content is interesting.
This technique has been super rewarding. I’m already building great relationships and talking to other vloggers about potential collaborations. This is how it all starts!

I consistently shared new videos with all of our social networks

We made a little intro video for our channel and shared it on The Endless Adventure’s FB pages as well as our personal FB pages. It ended up being our most liked posts on both of our personal FB pages at around 64 likes!

We also always make sure to post our new daily vlogs to our FB page as well as reddit and Twitter.

And we’re slowly building a good audience on Instagram. For each blog, we post a photo from that day along with a little comment about what happened, then point viewers to our YouTube channel. We also make sure to add relevant hashtags like #vlogger, #travel, etc..

This strategy definitely works, but I realize it isn’t meant for long term growth. But it was a great for helping us reach our initial goal of 100 subscribers. It’s the first of many milestones, but the momentum is slowly building!

And these subscribers aren’t as low quality as you might think. Since many of them are vloggers like us, they appreciate and understand our content. Some of them have become regular viewers and are commenting on most of our new videos now.

It’s all about getting the ball rolling. This strategy has worked very well to give us a bit of a foundation to build from.

Thanks a lot for reading and I really hope it was helpful. Excited to hear any feedback or ideas for improvement!

Alrighty, now on to 1,000!

Last edited by a moderator:

Redford1900

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I also try to find smaller YouTubers and post comments if I genuinely have something nice to say. I'm not as successful as you. I can do this for several hours a week and only get one sub. I do think this works with varying degrees of success, plus I love it when I find good quality videos for inspiration.

Reactions: Eric Bieller

Eric Bieller

Adventurer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yeah, I think it has a lot to do with interacting with users who interests similar to what your channel offers. Have you noticed any pattern to the types of YouTubers who end up subscribing to your content?

Redford1900

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Have you noticed any pattern to the types of YouTubers who end up subscribing to your content?
Not really because I still don't get that many from just posting comments, but I'm still glad for the few I get. I've gotten a few subs from fellow YTTalk folks too.

Hypa Gaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Pretty sweet advice, im networking on facebook and youtube going to try the vblogging route aswell see how it works out, thanks.

Reactions: Eric Bieller

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Great advice. The one caution I would give you is scale. How well can you scale this for your next 100, 300, 1000 subscribers? You can go into new vloggers and leave that nice comment or tweet, but can you stay engaged, and will you hold the attention of people who subscribed to you because of that comment you initially left on their channel?

Eric Bieller

Adventurer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Pretty sweet advice, im networking on facebook and youtube going to try the vblogging route aswell see how it works out, thanks.
Nice! You'll have to report back here and let us know how it goes :)[DOUBLEPOST=1453743898,1453743575][/DOUBLEPOST]
Great advice. The one caution I would give you is scale. How well can you scale this for your next 100, 300, 1000 subscribers? You can go into new vloggers and leave that nice comment or tweet, but can you stay engaged, and will you hold the attention of people who subscribed to you because of that comment you initially left on their channel?
Completely agree, I actually touched on that briefly in my post. This isn't meant to be a long term strategy, but it's great for getting over that initial hump of 100 subscribers. From here I'll definitely be expanding my marketing efforts to grow even further.

I've got a few things I'll be trying so I'll definitely report back once I've reached a new milestone.

TheRexTano

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've been trying to network for a while now. To some success. This has been for my music channel, not yet my gaming channel (which I'm currently trying to get bigger). I have learned through many different faliures that you just have to keep trying new things! That's one reason I'm on this site to begin with, I thought this would be a new experience that I might learn from!

Reactions: Hypa Gaming