How do you use Twitter to benefit your YouTbe Channel?

Jack Swish

I've Got It
Hi all,

I'm not very good with Twitter I admit it- however a lot of people have said that it is great for getting your videos seen and getting subscribers.

My question is HOW?

What do you do to do this- any input would be awesome.

Thanks,
Jack

Well Twitter comes in 2 parts in my opinion; Part 1 would be your "promotion" YouTube has an automatic posting to Twitter and G+ when you're uploading a video you can type your msg and bam, it'll be on twitter once you connect your account, which is nice an all. It's how I get my videos onto Twitter without thinking too much about it.

Will that blow your channel up? Nope.
If all you post is promotional videos you won't get anywhere really, so... Part 2 "contribution" basically same concept as posting here on the forum, you have to contribute to Twitter, interact with other tubers, posters etc, reply to their posts, retweet things, like them and so on and so forth. Get people to know YOU and as people start liking your content on Twitter (IE your contributions to random things) They'll probably follow you on Twitter, and then they'll see your automatic YT uploads, and since they already know a bit about your personality and style they will probably check it the video out. And then if they like the video they might sub.

It's a process really. It can pay off, but it won't fall into your lap overnight.

Honestly, the only way twitter can help your channel grow is if you have a large follower base OR if you can somehow get bigger accounts to retweet your posts and things like that. I know a couple gamers who actually got the game they made their video for to retweet their video which is awesome. Also, I follow a couple YouTube geared accounts and they can retweet and share your videos with others. Twitter really wont help your channel grow significantly though. But it does get your stuff out there more which can bring in a few subscribers here and there. Good luck! :)

I prefer Twitter over Facebook honestly. In fact I never really do anything with my facebook. I don't plan on it until my channel is a lot bigger. Twitter is great because you have the chance of bigger youtubers retweeting your stuff, your videos can automatically be tweeted to it (with hashtags if you wish) when you upload etc. There is a reason a lot of the biggest youtubers use Twitter more than Facebook or anything else.

I am in the same boat my dude. With all that I have read and heard, yes Twitter can be a huge help if you do it right. So as one of the comments here said, contribute. Don't just splat a video and expect Queen Elizabeth or God himself to kneel down to you. You must put in what you want to gain.
Treat those accounts that you can start a conversation with and stay connected with them.

I'm in the same boat and I think its all about interacting with other people really, talking to people and sharing your interests can help people understand who you are and what you do :)

Back