How do you stay upbeat/non-mono-tone in your videos?

Mattaxol

Comedic Gamer and Professional... sh*t
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I just don't get it. I'm working on it, but I see YouTubers like JackSepticEye and pewdiepie who're just so upbeat and exciting in their videos.

I've seen some of jack's old videos where he was so quiet like me. How did he change?

Is it a thing you gain overtime? Do they just drink a lot of energy drinks? xD

Any tips for staying exciting maybe you've picked up over your time of being a YouTuber?

Yorkshire Gamer

Cities: Skylines (The City of Shoreline)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It kinda comes natural to me. I love playing the game I play, and I like explaining what I'm doing on camera. I'm not way over the top (I find PewDiePie and such like WAY too excitable and fake), but I do sound enthusiastic I think.

Don't force it. If you're not enjoying creating the video, and that doesn't come through in your voice, then why bother in the first place? If you're enjoying it, your voice will subtly reflect that, IMO.

Mattaxol

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It kinda comes natural to me. I love playing the game I play, and I like explaining what I'm doing on camera. I'm not way over the top (I find PewDiePie and such like WAY too excitable and fake), but I do sound enthusiastic I think.

Don't force it. If you're not enjoying creating the video, and that doesn't come through in your voice, then why bother in the first place? If you're enjoying it, your voice will subtly reflect that, IMO.
Thanks. I'm sure it will grow on me, I'm not the type to fake having fun. Thanks for the reply :D

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Easy, just pretend you are excited and overreact to everything. Some acting skills will help for that.
Other sources suggest to snort some cocaine instead, but I guess that's illegal in many countries.

Shehzad

The Brown Fudge
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm very monotone naturally and I've seen some YouTubers who are monotone players (e.g. Launders) and do well on YouTube and streams. Your voice doesn't always show that your exited especially if your a particularly calm person like me or Launders but the way I've done it is just practice and just try to stay interesting throughout. You should practice with different tones of your voice and you gradually get better at it that doesn't mean go over the top, you don't need to do that. Commentary are always more interesting when your tone is high and upbeat. So just try to practice there's some voice training videos on YT that you can watch to help with that. But my advice is practice, that's how I changed my tone on YouTube and my views started to reflect it.

Reactions: Mattaxol

Mattaxol

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm very monotone naturally and I've seen some YouTubers who are monotone players (e.g. Launders) and do well on YouTube and streams. Your voice doesn't always show that your exited especially if your a particularly calm person like me or Launders but the way I've done it is just practice and just try to stay interesting throughout. You should practice with different tones of your voice and you gradually get better at it that doesn't mean go over the top, you don't need to do that. Commentary are always more interesting when your tone is high and upbeat. So just try to practice there's some voice training videos on YT that you can watch to help with that. But my advice is practice, that's how I changed my tone on YouTube and my views started to reflect it.
Same. Thanks for the insightful reply :)[DOUBLEPOST=1455534729,1455534635][/DOUBLEPOST]
Easy, just pretend you are excited and overreact to everything. Some acting skills will help for that.
Other sources suggest to snort some cocaine instead, but I guess that's illegal in many countries.
Yes! I'll choose the second option and become the biggest YouTuber on YouTube! Now, all I need is cocaine that is more effective than JackSepticEye's, then I'm set. xD

Reactions: Shehzad

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
It's definatly not energy drinks. Because energy drinks makes me comfortable, and not filled with energy lol
They are just good at it :3

They have probably gotten better over time ^^

RichGuitarGamer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Normally when I record Ive had a beverage (don't judge) but it all depends on what I'm filming, who I'm filming with e.t.c

Safety Turtle

Turtle Power!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
I have the same problem, but for me it comes mainly from shyness and insecurity...but its starting to get better as I make more videos ^^

I've noticed that I do tend to say "wowow ow!" And "nonononooooo!" A lot when I play...that may be a "thing" heh.