How do you stay upbeat/non-mono-tone in your videos?

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You got to loosen up in front of the camera, get in a groove. What you can't change is who you are. You either have that personality or you don't, and you got to work with what you got. Don't try to be someone you are not.

WilliamRayWalters

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've seen some of jack's old videos where he was so quiet like me. How did he change?
PewdiePie was a more laid back in his earliest videos also. Hmm...what could have changed that caused them to be a bit more upbeat? Oh, I know. Millions of dollars! lol. I know if I had tons of money rolling in I'd be pretty damned upbeat too. I'm only half joking about this, though. Success breeds excitement and a genuinely upbeat attitude while stagnancy breeds indifference and doubt. It's important to have realistic expectations with regard to time frames and success so you do not get down on yourself unfairly. It's equally important to work hard at coming up with great ideas for videos. You can have the most electric and upbeat personality in the world, but if you're showing how to craft something simple in minecraft (for example), you're not going to get people interested. The first person to upload a Sims video where they drown their Sims would have gotten a lot of views on that video regardless of their tone of voice, attitude, excitement, etc because their content was compelling. Content>Personality when it comes to views. Have both and you're in great shape. Equally important, on the other hand, is the ability to evaluate your channel after you've given it a fair amount of time to decide if it's an idea worth abandoning in favor of a new direction or even a new channel.

Good luck with your channel!

Reactions: Mattaxol

Mattaxol

Comedic Gamer and Professional... sh*t
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
PewdiePie was a more laid back in his earliest videos also. Hmm...what could have changed that caused them to be a bit more upbeat? Oh, I know. Millions of dollars! lol. I know if I had tons of money rolling in I'd be pretty damned upbeat too. I'm only half joking about this, though. Success breeds excitement and a genuinely upbeat attitude while stagnancy breeds indifference and doubt. It's important to have realistic expectations with regard to time frames and success so you do not get down on yourself unfairly. It's equally important to work hard at coming up with great ideas for videos. You can have the most electric and upbeat personality in the world, but if you're showing how to craft something simple in minecraft (for example), you're not going to get people interested. The first person to upload a Sims video where they drown their Sims would have gotten a lot of views on that video regardless of their tone of voice, attitude, excitement, etc because their content was compelling. Content>Personality when it comes to views. Have both and you're in great shape. Equally important, on the other hand, is the ability to evaluate your channel after you've given it a fair amount of time to decide if it's an idea worth abandoning in favor of a new direction or even a new channel.

Good luck with your channel!
Thank you so much man! Very indepth thoughts. Thank you. :)