How do you incorporate "trends" in your videos?

Maarij Bashir

I've Got It
I make music videos for my channel and I just wonder how do I incorporate trends in my videos? I know I could do a cover, but doing covers seems to be so saturated. Like if a big artist releases a song everyone starts doing a cover. Any ideas?

Then you do it in a subtle way that's of your own flavor. It can be something as small as a misplaced sticker in the background or a reference to something for a second that'll catch the attention of the audience.

I make music videos for my channel and I just wonder how do I incorporate trends in my videos? I know I could do a cover, but doing covers seems to be so saturated. Like if a big artist releases a song everyone starts doing a cover. Any ideas?

There is a universe of ways to incorporate trending things in your content. Take for example the new Galaxy phone, the Note 7 I believe. Now, my channel is comedic, so I ask myself "How can I position the phone in a skit to be funny?" Well simple. I simply have a character buy the phone and have it blow up in a car or something. (If you aren't aware, the batteries in the new phones have been exploding everywhere and causing a lot of damage to consumers and their property)

Whatever trending item or concept you want to include in a music video, ask yourself how that particular thing can help the message or theme of that song.

It's all about connecting the dots. If you give me an example of what you want to include, and the types of music videos your making, I can totally give you suggestions.

Back