Do you like giveaways?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

SwankGaming

I've Got It
Giveaways is something a youtuber do to give back to the people that have been supporting them and done the right way and for the right reason it doesn't sound bad quite humble, but from what I've been seeing some people take advantage of giveaways. There are some youtubers who post giveaways at a very VERY early stage of their youtube career and give out big things! Not because they want to give back, but because giveaways draw a huge crowd because who doesn't want something for free? A way I can tell it's not for the right reason is if you doing a 50 subscriber giveaway and giving away a brand new ps4! I don't think that milestone even deserve a giveaway maybe a shoutout? Or you'll see "to enter this giveaway you must subscribe to my channel" sure that'll gain you a few subscribers, but will they stay? After you annouce the winner they'll leave, unsubscribe, and you may even lose some of your earlier supporters because they been around the longest and some guy wins it cause he searched "giveaway" on the toolbar. Let me know how yal feel about this topic!

I think small YouTubers should not really do giveaways until they form a strong fan base. Giveaways actually make the audience spread their CHANNEL, so even if they are not active in the channel, new audience may notice them quickly. Giveaways are good but they dont apply to small YouTubers :)

I think giveaways can certainly be a way of giving back, but I think it's not really going to wind up giving you loyal subscribers. Instead, if you want to use giveaways, I think they're a great way to deal with sponsorships, if you've gotten to that point. Work with a sponsor partner to give away things, and you can give more things to more people.

Are youtube giveaways a good way to generate an audience. I am thinking about doing a giveaway soon but I'm not sure yet. What is your opinion.

there are two types of giveaways. one that is used by far the most often is to something along the lines of "follow and RT to enter" etc etc various types but they are all designed to increase views/subs/followers

there is another type. i will use my last giveaway as an example. i hit 500 subs and wanted to give back to those that supported me early on, so i designed a competition where i would just pick a random video of mine and then a random comment on that video. that way i am giving back to those that got involved and supported me. those that got more involved (ie made more comments) where therefore much more likely to win.

I got a strong opinion on giveaways.
They only attract subs and viewers who will be there for the free stuff, will they watch your videos? Most likely not. They will most likely unsub after a while.
On the short term it seems amazing but long term it only costs you money.

I got a strong opinion on giveaways.
They only attract subs and viewers who will be there for the free stuff, will they watch your videos? Most likely not. They will most likely unsub after a while.
On the short term it seems amazing but long term it only costs you money.
very true, but as in my post above you dont always have to do it to gain sub, some people are just generous :)

Back