How do you deal with hate?

CMTXRATED

I Is Batman
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
So as I small youtuber I don't actually get much hate at all. I've had a small taste but nothing to much. To be completely honest I actually welcome it, even in videos at the end when I ask people to comment I say "leave a comment with your opinions or some hate if you want to" Hate just shows how much you've grown and that people are annoyed with your succsess (unless you are doing something wrong lol) but I'd like to say I would deal with it quite well.

If you get hate, how do you respond to it??

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm Sin, I was born and raised in the pits of hell hate is nothing to me. Hate is just jealousy in the minds of petty fools. I'll take their view with a smile on my face.

Plus the more ridiculous the comments the more likely I'll start mocking them in a video.

Reactions: CMTXRATED

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I got one comment saying my video was cancer and I replied with "Your feedback has been noted" and that's all I've had up to now!

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strat / technique forum.

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
If the hate comment doesn't contain any sincere criticism than delete the comment. It's your job to be the janitor of your comment section to keep a good imagine and to keep it clean, especially when you're still growing. But if you're getting hate on other platforms and you can't delete the message like on Reddit, than simply thank them for their input. Trolls get a kick out of seeing people get mad and the last thing they want to see is being thanked.

Reactions: LizetteGaming

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Ignore it. People who comment on your videos are helping you rank higher in interaction and stuff.

10ACITY

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'm quite picky about what I allow in my comment sections. I don't really get much hate, but I'd probably remove that if it weren't helpful in some way. I also clear out self promotion unless it honestly has something to do with the video. A lot of the time people say, "Great video! Check out my channel!"

They probably don't even watch the video they're commenting on. :(

Now I'll pretend to be super triggered about this just so that I can use this smiley because I think it's cute. :stomp:

Some people say that deleting hate comments is an expression of fear or weakness and is considered weak. Do you guys agree? Or do you think it is just responsibility over one's channel?

PS: NO matter what hate you receive, stay strong and keep posting good quality videos. :pompus:

Seriously, these smileys are fun.

:spin:

LizetteGaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If the hate comment doesn't contain any sincere criticism than delete the comment. It's your job to be the janitor of your comment section to keep a good imagine and to keep it clean, especially when you're still growing. But if you're getting hate on other platforms and you can't delete the message like on Reddit, than simply thank them for their input. Trolls get a kick out of seeing people get mad and the last thing they want to see is being thanked.
This is top advice. I've only just started YouTubing , but I've had some pretty unfriendly, uh, feedback as a podcaster, and I either ignore it, or send back the blandest of responses.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Depends on my mood at the time. But I never react negatively to it.
I either ignore it / delete it (And ban the user) / reply with a positive spin.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I have a "one and done" policy in my comments. If someone is being truly hateful, I'll just delete it, because there's no working with that, but if someone seems to be having a bad day and is lashing out, I'll try to engage and see if they'll come around. It works surprisingly often. If someone says something nasty and I say something funny in return, it'll often get them to come back with either and apology or a different attitude.

Sometimes it doesn't, in which case, I then delete the comment, because I honestly don't want to deal with that kind of attention.

Reactions: darkstarmedia