How do I promote myself without social media?

Sammi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I stopped using twitter years ago since it was filled with people from high school who I don't even talk to, and I don't feel comfortable posting to facebook because a lot of my family members are on there and my content isn't always family friendly. Right now I only promote my videos on my snapchat story and I have a link in my instagram bio but it doesn't seem to be helping much. It's been almost a year and I have only 226 subs. I would really like to hit 1000 in the near future but I don't know how to do that if I have no way of getting my content out there. Any suggestions?

ocslushie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
It's hard promoting without social media, but I recommend making videos that are trending, a lot of people got bigger making Killer Clown videos when that was trending. Or making any highly searchable video that is relevant currently is also a good idea. I also heard using YT Talk is good too ;)

gregbowes

Happy Halloween!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You'll need to use social apps to promote yourself, I can understand not wanting to share with family or friends though. You need to be active on the apps you are using, try to find subreddits on Reddit where your videos can be shared. Find people doing the same kinds of videos you are doing and engage with them as much as you can.

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Focus on tags with lots of searches and low competition. If you can't seem to find any way to break through lots of competition I would recommend checking out using longer and more specific tags. The key again is that you want to make sure there are still people searching for it so either vidIQ or TubeBuddy or google trends can be great for this. The title of the video is also very important and you want to use it to capitalize on the tags and keywords you are trying to break through with. This can take some research but it can be well worth it.

For example I made some videos on mobile games that already had tons of gameplay videos posted and people searching for it, but they didn't have very many if any tips/tricks videos and I was able to tap into that and grab views by using the title of my videos and tags to target that audience specifically without really promoting the videos at all.

Like other people said, make highly searchable stuff and then use specific tags with low competition to organically bring people to your video. That's definitely easier to say than do, but I've done it a few times and I know other people have as well. Social media can be helpful but if you have the right content reaching the right places that other channels are ignoring you can still draw views.

Last edited:
Reactions: CelyD87

Yoursharkfriend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
Can you make a separate social media account for your channel and not adding friends or family? I get it's hard but by using tags you should at least get a little bit of traffic. Also try going and commenting on other people's videos, not a hey check out my video kind of thing but something clever or nice especially on those that don't receive many comments. It'll make them wanna check you out.

ChargunHD

The FawX is on the Hunt
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Channel Type
Gamer
Yo 226 Subs in 1 year with little to no promotion? Talk about natural growth thats something you should be pretty proud about haha I don't think I could hit over 200+ subs without some kind of promotion, well done @Sammi .

As for promoting your channel right now without using Twitter or Facebook the best way to go about it I feel is to do what your doing now, talking and engaging in forums relating to your channel. For example if I were to create Call of Duty content I would get into Call of Duty based communities no matter how small or big, get involved, make some friends and then promote. No one likes a spammer so building a foundation of trust on forums and communities really help your channel in the long run.

You gots my help anyways, subbed and looking for you to get to 1K this time next year :p

CelyD87

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Can you make a separate social media account for your channel and not adding friends or family? I get it's hard but by using tags you should at least get a little bit of traffic. Also try going and commenting on other people's videos, not a hey check out my video kind of thing but something clever or nice especially on those that don't receive many comments. It'll make them wanna check you out.
This is true! I have social media but what really helps a lot is viewing others videos related to my category and then leaving them a nice comment about what I saw on the video so they know I watched it and not just spamming.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Collaborations and sharing each other's channels on the side bar is what I am looking to do. That's another way. Sammi want to collab?

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Just make a business only twitter account, don't need to share it with friends or family that way.