Hey, Guys! I Need Your Help!

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hello, everyone! I hope you're all having a lovely day/night/phrase relating to time that is relevant to your respective time zones.

As we all know, Valentine's Day is coming up, and I'm looking to create an educational video in honour of that. I'm just a little stuck on what focus on, as there are so many things related to love!

So, what are you genuinely interested in learning more about? Most popular romance novels? Weird wedding traditions? Highest divorce rates?

Let me know what you think would be a fun topic to cover, and I'll be eternally grateful. Thank you so much in advance; I'm filming on Friday, so you'd be doing be a huge favour!

KyaImatai

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Weird wedding traditions sounds like fun! :bounce:

Faraz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
you could do a top 10 facts about valentines day or maybe some history behind valentines day? idk just an idea

Reactions: KyaImatai

coliwob

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hmmm

Well surely Valentine himself has been done to death.

How about Valentines Day around the world, or equivilent... like...

1. The Double Seventh Festival (Qixi Festival) is one of Chinese traditional festivals, and also known as a Chinese Valentine's Day. It falls on the seventh day of the seventh Chinese lunar month. In 2015 it falls on August 20 (Thursday). There is no public holiday for this festival.

There, I didn;t even have to google that.
    So that might be a cool idea, how the rest of the world celebrates a day of love, not neccesarily on valentines day tho
[DOUBLEPOST=1455145113,1455144792][/DOUBLEPOST]I am continuing in another post cos formatting was screwed

You could talk about white day, which apparently is a day one month after valentines where men give gifts to the ones who gave them gifts (japan)

You could talk about singles awareness day

You could talk about the origins/history/Top 10 of the kinds of gifts we give each other.

You could search for famous blunders concerning the holiday

Thats all I got really

Hope this helps[DOUBLEPOST=1455145411][/DOUBLEPOST]ooo you could do Hallmark Holidays, where they came from and how they are made. And whether or not Valentines day really is one.

Time Jacker

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hello, everyone! I hope you're all having a lovely day/night/phrase relating to time that is relevant to your respective time zones.

As we all know, Valentine's Day is coming up, and I'm looking to create an educational video in honour of that. I'm just a little stuck on what focus on, as there are so many things related to love!

So, what are you genuinely interested in learning more about? Most popular romance novels? Weird wedding traditions? Highest divorce rates?

Let me know what you think would be a fun topic to cover, and I'll be eternally grateful. Thank you so much in advance; I'm filming on Friday, so you'd be doing be a huge favour!
Ohhh, this sounds like my area :)

You want to go with the unknown and unexpected, the intriguing and the educational, as opposed to something based on raw numbers.

My very first videos were very much based on the biggest/highest/fattest/whatever-ist but I quickly came to realise that those are not to interesting. Example: one of my videos was about the richest people in the world. There were a couple of problems with this. First, no one is surprised when the likes of Bill Gates appear. Second, and more importantly, it's just not interesting to have "this person has $x billion, this person has $x+5 billion", etc. The video basically becomes a number that slowly increases. Great. On the other hand, if I had done something like "Stupidest purchases made by rich people" (hey, maybe I will!) then that has way more potential intrigue. I can sit there and silently judge, which most people like doing. I don't know what's coming next. I can imagine what I might do in such a situation. And on it goes.

The reason I mentioned all of that was because you gave three examples:
  • Most popular romance novels
  • Weird wedding traditions
  • Highest divorce rates
I would say no, yes, no - in that order - for all the reasons I stated above. Do I care that 50 shades of crap sold more books than whatever? No. How about the fact that USA has the highest divorce rate (a guess son my part, but I bet they're up there) by 0.x%? No way. On the other hand, if you tell me that Canadians smear pudding on each others face at a wedding (South Park reference) I'll find that weird, hilarious, intriguing and informative.

I'm currently mulling over a few related ideas myself... good luck to you!

Reactions: darkstarmedia

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Ohhh, this sounds like my area :)

You want to go with the unknown and unexpected, the intriguing and the educational, as opposed to something based on raw numbers.

My very first videos were very much based on the biggest/highest/fattest/whatever-ist but I quickly came to realise that those are not to interesting. Example: one of my videos was about the richest people in the world. There were a couple of problems with this. First, no one is surprised when the likes of Bill Gates appear. Second, and more importantly, it's just not interesting to have "this person has $x billion, this person has $x+5 billion", etc. The video basically becomes a number that slowly increases. Great. On the other hand, if I had done something like "Stupidest purchases made by rich people" (hey, maybe I will!) then that has way more potential intrigue. I can sit there and silently judge, which most people like doing. I don't know what's coming next. I can imagine what I might do in such a situation. And on it goes.

The reason I mentioned all of that was because you gave three examples:
  • Most popular romance novels
  • Weird wedding traditions
  • Highest divorce rates
I would say no, yes, no - in that order - for all the reasons I stated above. Do I care that 50 shades of crap sold more books than whatever? No. How about the fact that USA has the highest divorce rate (a guess son my part, but I bet they're up there) by 0.x%? No way. On the other hand, if you tell me that Canadians smear pudding on each others face at a wedding (South Park reference) I'll find that weird, hilarious, intriguing and informative.

I'm currently mulling over a few related ideas myself... good luck to you!
Thank you so much for the in-depth response? The examples I gave were literally the first thing I thought of - honestly, I think I'd die if I had to research romance novels, so thanks for saying no to that!

I'll have a look at see what I can come up with! Thanks again. c:

Reactions: Time Jacker