Help! Video lags on 1080p

The Dinky Gamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi everyone! I'm Laura and I'm fairly new with Youtube and with editing.

Lately I've been having this problem with my videos in which, in Youtube, lines appear whenever there is movement in 1080p (if you want to see what I'm talking about, just watch the intro of my newest video, lines everywhere :confused::confused:).

I use Sony Vegas to edit and I think it may have something to do with the rendering of the video.

Do you have any tips I could use? I have tried different rendering settings, but it hasn't worked.

Thanks!!
Have you tried running your game in windowed mode? I had the same issue with my videos at first. Gameplay would be smooth but when I went back to watch the recording it was laggy. I put the game in windowed mode and it fixed the issue.

Reactions: Lauramillanmu

Lauramillanmu

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I can't really see anything on my cell phone, I can try to look on my pc when I get home. What codec do you use when rendering? I recommend h.264 YouTube 1080p if it's available. Did you by chance export it as interlaced? 1080i? If you can provide a screen shot with your render settings I can help you more.
upload_2017-3-29_11-45-54.png I think I might have fixed it already for the video I'm uploading today by changing the frame speed to 29,970. I'll have to upload it to Youtube to be sure, though. Thanks for the help![DOUBLEPOST=1490780931,1490780846][/DOUBLEPOST]
Have you tried running your game in windowed mode? I had the same issue with my videos at first. Gameplay would be smooth but when I went back to watch the recording it was laggy. I put the game in windowed mode and it fixed the issue.
You mean not covering the whole screen? I think I fixed the issue by speeding up the frames, not sure though...

The Dinky Gamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
View attachment 40002 I think I might have fixed it already for the video I'm uploading today by changing the frame speed to 29,970. I'll have to upload it to Youtube to be sure, though. Thanks for the help![DOUBLEPOST=1490780931,1490780846][/DOUBLEPOST]
You mean not covering the whole screen? I think I fixed the issue by speeding up the frames, not sure though...
Not the whole screen, just the game. If you go to in game options under video or similar tab, there should be options to choose and one should be something like "start game in window mode". Or you can right click the games desktop shortcut and go into properties and there may be an option in there for window mode as well. Just Google "how to play a game in windowed mode" and the first few links will definitely help you out. I've seen some posts where folks did what you did, speed up the frames, and it helped also among other odd fixes LOL. Computers, software and gaming seem to have their own little hiccups and easy fixes.

Reactions: Lauramillanmu

Lauramillanmu

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Not the whole screen, just the game. If you go to in game options under video or similar tab, there should be options to choose and one should be something like "start game in window mode". Or you can right click the games desktop shortcut and go into properties and there may be an option in there for window mode as well. Just Google "how to play a game in windowed mode" and the first few links will definitely help you out. I've seen some posts where folks did what you did, speed up the frames, and it helped also among other odd fixes LOL. Computers, software and gaming seem to have their own little hiccups and easy fixes.
I'm actually not a gamer :redface::redface: but thanks for the tip!