Help to get started

MargaretsJourney

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hi guys,

I've been reading a LOT of the comments here on YTtalk and I've been searching help on Google for the last 4 months. However, after all this time, I still cannot seem to get any subscribers, as the 6 I do have, are my friends.

So:
- I keep my videos short, cutting out long silences
- Going straight to the point, no standard intro
- Using tags in the tag-section and key words in the title and description
- I'm linking to my other videos and subcribe button at the end of each video
- Have a relatively easy account name to remember
- Commenting to the few comments that I do receive
- Posting the video's to a public FB page (which has very few likes) and my public Twitter (but that has worked only once and also has very little followers in itself).
- Upload on a regular basis (okay, I had a one month hiatus, due to personal stuff)

So I'm a bit lost at the moment what more I can really still do. Can maybe anyone give me some advice on strategies that I can improve and get at least a few subscribers that I do not know in person? Many thanks!

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yep, that´s pretty much it, and maybe comment on other channels videos, making comments relevant to the video!

Daaave

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Watching your videos, you could potentially benefit from lowering the camera (sitting in a higher position). There's a lot of headspace there

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I'd say work on thumbnails. Thumbnails are the first thing people will see and are a huge deciding factor in people clicking it or not. Whenever someone's browsing, they'll see the thumbnail first and the title second, so in my opinion, it's very important! Aside from that, everything else that has been said already. Good luck and I hope you succeed!

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Make sure that more than anything, you yourself are interesting to watch as well. Not saying that you aren't, of course, but ultimately personality and how you are on-camera play a massive part in determining your success!

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
The best way to get subscribers in the beginning, I think, is to commit to uploading regularly and follow all the standard advice that's given here and on YouTube itself. Make good thumbnails, describe your content clearly and add relevant tags. Title your videos with things that will gain attention. Promote on the appropriate social media channels. Get involved with the YouTube community. But mostly, keep at it. Many, many, many channels start and stop within a couple of months. The best way to gain attention is to keep at it for a long time.

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i would suggest sorting out your homepage. look at most channels to see a good layout (mine is a okay example)

ChrisLegend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Marketing is a really big part of YouTube so you need to be sharing it on more sites than just Twitter and that Facebook group. I highly recommend finding some subreddits that are within your niche :). That'll give you the initial boost that you need