Help: Splitting Audio

FTWImCody

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello, I am new to the YT forums here.
I just recently started doing YouTube and obtained 1,200 subscribers and am looking to better the quality of my videos. I have been thinking about doing a lot of multiplayer game play with my friends and uploading it but I need to find a way to record my friends voice(s) separately from my game audio that way I can adjust them later in my editing software. Currently the only way I can think of doing this is having it to where my recording software(OBS Studio) records only game volume, using Audacity to record myself and then having my friend record his voice on Audactiy and sending the file over to me afterwards.

Would really appreciate help.

P.S Also don't know if this is in the correct sub-forum.

Wimbus

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
They way you said it makes it sound like you are on pc? But just to make sure, is it a pc? I know how to do it on xbox one easily, let me know if you use xbox one...

FTWImCody

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Actually it would be nice to be able to do it on Xbox One and PC :D

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
"Virtual Audio Cable".

Piece of software that you can use to dump audio, like Skype to dedicated input/outputs. Then you can use those as your input devices in something like Audacity for recording purposes. You'll have to google more on the exact setup.

FTWImCody

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
"Virtual Audio Cable".

Piece of software that you can use to dump audio, like Skype to dedicated input/outputs. Then you can use those as your input devices in something like Audacity for recording purposes. You'll have to google more on the exact setup.
Have you tried it out?