Help! Only half of video uploaded :(

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hey YouTubers,

Today, I made an attempt to upload my third video since I opened my channel.. It's about 7 minutes long so it took a while to upload but not as long as I expected (about 10 mins).

When it finished I received an "upload successful" message on my laptop, however, when I went to watch the video, it was only 3 minutes long :(

If it makes any difference, I'm using Camtasia to edit my videos. As I said, this is my third video, I'm a newbie so I'm not sure if I did something wrong.

What happened to the rest of my video? Is anyone else having this problem and did I do something wrong? Or something going on with YouTube?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hey YouTubers,

Today, I made an attempt to upload my third video since I opened my channel.. It's about 7 minutes long so it took a while to upload but not as long as I expected (about 10 mins).

When it finished I received an "upload successful" message on my laptop, however, when I went to watch the video, it was only 3 minutes long :(

If it makes any difference, I'm using Camtasia to edit my videos. As I said, this is my third video, I'm a newbie so I'm not sure if I did something wrong.

What happened to the rest of my video? Is anyone else having this problem and did I do something wrong? Or something going on with YouTube?

I've moved your thread to the recording / editing forum. :)

Reactions: Merlina Rodas

LoveShack

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
You may have to select the render loop region across the whole video.... It's been a while since I've used Camtasia, but that's what I'd recommend on Vegas too.... I think I had that problem before way back when on Camtasia. Hopefully I could be of some help to you

Reactions: Merlina Rodas

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
I've moved your thread to the recording / editing forum. :)
Thank you very much for your help! I'm still sort of figuring YTtalk out :O_o2:[DOUBLEPOST=1470462318,1470409103][/DOUBLEPOST]
You may have to select the render loop region across the whole video.... It's been a while since I've used Camtasia, but that's what I'd recommend on Vegas too.... I think I had that problem before way back when on Camtasia. Hopefully I could be of some help to you
Thanks for your help, I took your advice and I was able to upload the entire video.. Definitely took a bit longer and I'm really looking forward to getting a better editing program as well.. Camtasia crashes on me too often

LoveShack

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Anytime. Youtube is a growing process, Camtasia is simple and easy to learn how to begin editing due to its simplicity. But other programs such as Sony Vegas and Adobe Premier get into a more complex style editing with more professional stuff you can do to make your videos better.