HELP! CUSTOM URL HAS /C/ IN IT!?

NWBroadcasting

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi,

I got this custom url a few months ago and it for some reason read like /c/NWBroadcasting rather than just my channel name with the /c/.

Anyone know if that goes away after I reach a certain amount of subscribers or am I stuck with this name?

karlsanada10

Monthly Video Game Giveaway on my channel now!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi,

I got this custom url a few months ago and it for some reason read like /c/NWBroadcasting rather than just my channel name with the /c/.

Anyone know if that goes away after I reach a certain amount of subscribers or am I stuck with this name?
I am pretty sure you can edit that on the advanced settings.

Reactions: NWBroadcasting

GodOfChugs

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
All my previous channels had custome URLS, why does mine currently register as a bunch of random characters? Makes it hard to guide people to page D:

karlsanada10

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
All my previous channels had custome URLS, why does mine currently register as a bunch of random characters? Makes it hard to guide people to page D:
Since it's your channel code. If oyu want custom url, you need to have atleast 500 subs to change it. You have a different problem. and you have /channel/ and not /user/ since I believe /user/ only shows when it is your first youtube channel on a gmail account.

GodOfChugs

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Since it's your channel code. If oyu want custom url, you need to have atleast 500 subs to change it. You have a different problem. and you have /channel/ and not /user/ since I believe /user/ only shows when it is your first youtube channel on a gmail account.
oh damn :/ that probably because I didn't want my channel my email@Gmail

So I could never have a custom after 500 because of /channel?

karlsanada10

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
oh damn :/ that probably because I didn't want my channel my email@Gmail

So I could never have a custom after 500 because of /channel?
If you have a website, you can already get the customized url. If not, then you have tow wait till you achieve 500 subs to get the custom url. You can check it on your advanced settings.

GodOfChugs

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
If you have a website, you can already get the customized url. If not, then you have tow wait till you achieve 500 subs to get the custom url. You can check it on your advanced settings.
Would anything such as a twitter, tumblr, steam, instagram, etc count as proof of username?

NWBroadcasting

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am pretty sure you can edit that on the advanced settings.
I tried looking in advanced settings, but I don't see anywhere where I can change it. Do you happen to know the specific path?

PressRecord

Daily Vlogs on a Daily Basis!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
The new YouTube Urls have C's in them. There is nothing you can do about it. If you don't want a C your only option is to go back in time and start before the system change.
I talked to YouTube about it and they were very clear that youtube dot com / c / your channel name is here to stay.

Reactions: NWBroadcasting