Heartbeat | Google Chrome App for YouTube

Travi5

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If you have not already heard of this app for the chrome browser I'd highly recommend giving it a go.
It is a really cool addition allowing a few new features to be accessible on YouTube, My Favorite being able to see Tags used on any video which could help with Search listings SEO ect to help gain more views and subscribers.

Anyone else here use it? I really like it.

Talooka

Weirdo With a Beardo
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Other
Doesn't TubeBuddy do the same thing? What other features does it have?

Travi5

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
TubeBuddy, I've not used it yet but after looking into it I'm impressed
The Bulk options are super useful!
Perhaps this thread needs to be changed to TubeBuddy! :happy2:

ZombieBrain

Always hungry!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm using TubeBuddy for a long time now and I absolutely love it. Especially "Bulk copy annotations" and "Tag explorer" :)

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I switched from TubeBuddy to VidIQ because TubeBuddy requires you to pay a subscription to actually do bulk copy (otherwise you can only copy annotations from 1 video to 1 video, that's it), VidIQ lets you bulk copy for free, although it's missing some features that TubeBuddy had. I use Chrome + VidIQ to do most of my YouTube management now. I really wish they'd release something for FireFox. I may switch back to TubeBuddy though as VidIQ's annotation copy doesn't save the time position of annotations whereas TubeBuddy does which is great for outros.

Travi5

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I switched from TubeBuddy to VidIQ because TubeBuddy requires you to pay a subscription to actually do bulk copy (otherwise you can only copy annotations from 1 video to 1 video, that's it), VidIQ lets you bulk copy for free, although it's missing some features that TubeBuddy had. I use Chrome + VidIQ to do most of my YouTube management now. I really wish they'd release something for FireFox. I may switch back to TubeBuddy though as VidIQ's annotation copy doesn't save the time position of annotations whereas TubeBuddy does which is great for outros.
Thanks for the suggestion, i'll be sure to check it out!

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
Since a lot of people aren't aware, do understand that when you use these various tools, the reason why they are free to use is because you are the product, not the customer. Your data, likely all of your analytics is being polled, recorded and in many cases, sold. If you're ok with that, then proceed.

Pedals & Stuff

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Since a lot of people aren't aware, do understand that when you use these various tools, the reason why they are free to use is because you are the product, not the customer. Your data, likely all of your analytics is being polled, recorded and in many cases, sold. If you're ok with that, then proceed.
Can you explain it more in depth please?

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
New Since a lot of people aren't aware, do understand that when you use these various tools, the reason why they are free to use is because you are the product, not the customer. Your data, likely all of your analytics is being polled, recorded and in many cases, sold. If you're ok with that, then proceed.
I figured as much, I've never been too trustful towards them but only enough to trust they won't do anything funny with the channel since it requires allowing them to manage it and the information. But as long as they aren't selling personal data I don't mind since most analytical data can be found on social blade now days anyway.
And this is why I think Google need to step it up and finally do some real updates (I literally can't be the only person who has hit the feedback button and asked for bulk annotation copying, can I? D: ) that adds functions like bulk copying annotations, cards, tags & descriptions. I would much rather be using something officially inbuilt into YouTube instead of something third party that can't fully be trusted, but my options are either ditch the outro, waste valuable time adding the same annotations to each video over and over again or bulk copy them in a matter of seconds.

Last edited:

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
Can you explain it more in depth please?
Nobody is going to give you something online for free. Heartbeat is a tool that Freedom MCN built. If it was merely a network partner tool, they could have easily restricted it to channels only partnered with their network. However, they did not.

Essentially, online when you get a free tool, you are now the product. You can watch YouTube videos for free, but you are the product for advertisers. You can use gmail, google maps, etc all for free, but Google is collecting data on what you're doing while that's going on. They are the largest information broker in the world as a result of this. Now, can a company buy your record and get ahold of your browser history, no of course not. But if a company wants to market products to 17 year old males who live in bosnia that suffer from cancer and have an interest in local businesses that specialize in my little pony, Google knows who those people are.

At this point, there are massive databases of demographical and even specific individualized information held by very large companies and they get it by purchasing data analytics from groups that offer tools like Heartbeat. They also buy data from all of those free to use mobile app devs that you give permission to have view access to stuff on your phone without a second thought.