Heartbeat | Google Chrome App for YouTube

Pedals & Stuff

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Nobody is going to give you something online for free. Heartbeat is a tool that Freedom MCN built. If it was merely a network partner tool, they could have easily restricted it to channels only partnered with their network. However, they did not.

Essentially, online when you get a free tool, you are now the product. You can watch YouTube videos for free, but you are the product for advertisers. You can use gmail, google maps, etc all for free, but Google is collecting data on what you're doing while that's going on. They are the largest information broker in the world as a result of this. Now, can a company buy your record and get ahold of your browser history, no of course not. But if a company wants to market products to 17 year old males who live in bosnia that suffer from cancer and have an interest in local businesses that specialize in my little pony, Google knows who those people are.

At this point, there are massive databases of demographical and even specific individualized information held by very large companies and they get it by purchasing data analytics from groups that offer tools like Heartbeat. They also buy data from all of those free to use mobile app devs that you give permission to have view access to stuff on your phone without a second thought.
Thanks.

WeKanGame

Superman
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't personally use heart beat. I use to work for Freedom! The developers of the application. It does what a lot of other apps offer and personally isn't worth it in the long run it asks WAY to much information, and honestly I rather use TubeBuddy or VidIQ both of which do the same thing. In the end Tarmack hit the nail on the head for me of what it is and why I don't use it.

Phil @ TubeBuddy

I've Got It
Reaction score
I just wanted to point out that in no way does TubeBuddy track or store or gather private user information. I can't say if Heartbeat/VidIQ do or not but I do respect both companies and highly doubt they would do anything like that. You can use network traffic monitoring software like WireShark or Fiddler to see if extensions are secretly collecting your information (from YouTube or otherwise). We are very upfront about offering many features for free but we also have paid upgrades which means when it comes to TubeBuddy, "you are not the product". TubeBuddy is the product and it's an awesome one. I'd like to again point out that anyone can email me for a free unlimited trial upgrade - phil@tubebuddy.com. Love helping out fellow YTTalkers!

WeKanGame

Superman
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I just wanted to point out that in no way does TubeBuddy track or store or gather private user information. I can't say if Heartbeat/VidIQ do or not but I do respect both companies and highly doubt they would do anything like that. You can use network traffic monitoring software like WireShark or Fiddler to see if extensions are secretly collecting your information (from YouTube or otherwise). We are very upfront about offering many features for free but we also have paid upgrades which means when it comes to TubeBuddy, "you are not the product". TubeBuddy is the product and it's an awesome one. I'd like to again point out that anyone can email me for a free unlimited trial upgrade - phil@tubebuddy.com. Love helping out fellow YTTalkers!
Tubebuddy is the only software I use :) Love it and really effective/ affordable! Keep up the good work, but as for Heartbeat Never again.

Nepal

Reaction score
Thanks Phil for the trial upgrade. Great tools.

Reactions: Phil @ TubeBuddy