Growing Channel Looking for improvement

Xanderin

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
hey i've been using youtube for two weeks now and want to know what i can improve on to help bring more people to me channel so if you have any advice on what video's you on enjoy on my channel that would be great and what you disliked as well so i know not to do it again thanks xander =)

SimeonTG

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You got some great content there! Will watch your Overwatch tutorials some time. What you should improve on is making better thumbnails and a better channel banner, since sadly, most people judge the book by its cover.

Xanderin

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You got some great content there! Will watch your Overwatch tutorials some time. What you should improve on is making better thumbnails and a better channel banner, since sadly, most people judge the book by its cover.
thanks your right i need to upgrade had this one for awhile now and thank you for checking out my channel it's going to help me out =)

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
hey i've been using youtube for two weeks now and want to know what i can improve on to help bring more people to me channel so if you have any advice on what video's you on enjoy on my channel that would be great and what you disliked as well so i know not to do it again thanks xander =)

I've moved your thread to the reviews forum. :) Please note that the review forum is the only forum where members can ask for feedback on their videos and channel (including artwork). We like to keep this sort of thread out of the main forums. :)

TheAmazinggap

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Here's a quick little thing that I've found in thumbnail making.

I star off with a screenshot of the game that I'm playing and put a field blur on it.

Next I grab a png of the logo of the game I'm playing and stick it on there.

Then I usually have text. Make sure you have easy to read fonts with drop shadows, that makes it more readable (an outside stroke helps with that too).

For the final thing I have an image that represents a moment in the video (make sure it's a png), put a white stroke and a drop shadow on there and call it good.

Here's an example of a finished product:
ROBITTHUMB.jpg

Xanderin

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Here's a quick little thing that I've found in thumbnail making.

I star off with a screenshot of the game that I'm playing and put a field blur on it.

Next I grab a png of the logo of the game I'm playing and stick it on there.

Then I usually have text. Make sure you have easy to read fonts with drop shadows, that makes it more readable (an outside stroke helps with that too).

For the final thing I have an image that represents a moment in the video (make sure it's a png), put a white stroke and a drop shadow on there and call it good.

Here's an example of a finished product:
thanks for the advice i tried that out on one of my vid's it was great was my first time but i'm aiming for somthing along the lines of what you made it looks great =)
[DOUBLEPOST=1472085881,1472085784][/DOUBLEPOST]sorry i dont think my message worked but thank you for the advice that looks really good i did test that at one point mine doesnt look great with it being my first time but i'll keep improving it thank you amazing

Reactions: TheAmazinggap

Dryve

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi! I think you have a great channel with lots of potential! Here's what I think:

Pros:
-Cool logo and channel art (not sure about the Entertainmnt|Gamer|Interactive part tho)
-Frequent uploads
-Decent thumbnails, keep working on them though!
-Entertaining gameplay
Cons:
-I don't like the layout of the channel. I like it better when the channel has the different pages (videos, playlists, discussion, about, etc) as opposed to everything being on one page
- Video does not take up the entire screen. The black around the edges makes it look less appealing.
-Could use a bit more excitement in your commentary. You have good commentary for your subscriber number but some more enthousiasm would really add to it!

Hopefully this can help you out! Good luck getting to 100 subscribers!

Xanderin

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi! I think you have a great channel with lots of potential! Here's what I think:

Pros:
-Cool logo and channel art (not sure about the Entertainmnt|Gamer|Interactive part tho)
-Frequent uploads
-Decent thumbnails, keep working on them though!
-Entertaining gameplay
Cons:
-I don't like the layout of the channel. I like it better when the channel has the different pages (videos, playlists, discussion, about, etc) as opposed to everything being on one page
- Video does not take up the entire screen. The black around the edges makes it look less appealing.
-Could use a bit more excitement in your commentary. You have good commentary for your subscriber number but some more enthousiasm would really add to it!

Hopefully this can help you out! Good luck getting to 100 subscribers!
Thank you Dryve i agree with you i need to work on my channel i haven't really done anything on the about my channel i'll get that updated and haha i didn't even notice the black on my screen during game play do you know why that is i use obs to record then movie maker to edit it out thank you for pointing that out to me bud =) i'll see if i can re word the last bit on my channel art

HyDraid

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I recommend you to set "The people you subscribed" on Private. Because people come to your channel for your video's but on your channel page "under your upload list" you see a list of people who you are subscribed on. For example => So sometimes people see a YouTuber they also watch in that list and then they leave your channel :/
Your logo matches with your banner, that's a good thing.
It's hard to read the text in some thumbnails, so maybe you could change that ?

Xanderin

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I recommend you to set "The people you subscribed" on Private. Because people come to your channel for your video's but on your channel page "under your upload list" you see a list of people who you are subscribed on. For example => So sometimes people see a YouTuber they also watch in that list and then they leave your channel :/
Your logo matches with your banner, that's a good thing.
It's hard to read the text in some thumbnails, so maybe you could change that ?
Thanks for the advice i've just changed it to private now and your right i need to make some of them a bit bigger i've started to do that in some of my newer video's =)

Reactions: HyDraid