Get more likes?

IceTwig

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I do ask viewers to like the video, comment and all that.. but they never really seem to actually do it.
I had a few fairly successful videos, albeit they were some of my worst back from what I was first starting and tried out adsense. Then I stopped paying and my channel calmed down a bit, now I get hardly any views and no one is really hitting the like button on the videos.

I usually ask at the end of the video. Should I try to start doing it at the beginning? or maybe not even bother asking at all?
I'm okay with the lowered view count because I know most of the subs are not "real" due to them mostly being from obvious spam accounts that must have found my channel through the ads. I just think like are an important to boost me in searches and recommended feeds.

or am I just overthinking it?

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I couldn't watch your video on "KITTIES | The Cat Games" completely and here is why
-You were yowning in your video which show it was boring and as an audience, it just confirmed that fact to me.
Study the Game and make a video introducing the game to your audience and start playing because that's what they are looking for. Not studying the game in the video.
-In my opinion your capture cam should be on the bottom right
I guess my point is that you should try making the video entertaining and people will like the video

You can also add like graphics at certain points in the video reminding your viewers to like your video. It works for me.
Also try ranking your videos if you don't have another means of pulling viewers
Hope that helps

IceTwig

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I couldn't watch your video on "KITTIES | The Cat Games" completely and here is why
-You were yowning in your video which show it was boring and as an audience, it just confirmed that fact to me.
Study the Game and make a video introducing the game to your audience and start playing because that's what they are looking for. Not studying the game in the video.
-In my opinion your capture cam should be on the bottom right
I guess my point is that you should try making the video entertaining and people will like the video

You can also add like graphics at certain points in the video reminding your viewers to like your video. It works for me.
Also try ranking your videos if you don't have another means of pulling viewers
Hope that helps
I yawn a lot, I really don't know why haha. I do no matter what I'm doing or where I am.
But thank you for the advice!
What does ranking my video mean?

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I yawn a lot, I really don't know why haha. I do no matter what I'm doing or where I am.
But thank you for the advice!
What does ranking my video mean?
It means optimizing your videos to rank on the first page of youtube search results so that when people search for the videos related to yours they will easily find your videos...bring your channel and videos more views

Concerning the yowning you can always edit that part out before uploading your video

IceTwig

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It means optimizing your videos to rank on the first page of youtube search results so that when people search for the videos related to yours they will easily find your videos...bring your channel and videos more views

Concerning the yowning you can always edit that part out before uploading your video
Ohh I see, yeah I got one of those toolbar things that help me do that. So I make sure my SEO score is as high as I can get it with that.
But yeah ai should start editing the yawning out. Though I was low key hoping to make it a niche of mine haha

CountingStars

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
lol @IceTwig , low key hoping to make it a niche - a yawning niche xD
And as for your original question- i watched some videos and they tell you to remind viewers to sub/like/comment and stuff during or near the beginning :3 as people drop off near the end and never get the reminder. ^^

IceTwig

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
lol @IceTwig , low key hoping to make it a niche - a yawning niche xD
And as for your original question- i watched some videos and they tell you to remind viewers to sub/like/comment and stuff during or near the beginning :3 as people drop off near the end and never get the reminder. ^^
Half joking about the yawning xD but people have found it pretty funny at times.
but thank you for the input! I'll start reminded people a bit at the beginning without sounding like a broken record about it. Maybe do it with a joke attached or something.

Reactions: CountingStars

CountingStars

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Half joking about the yawning xD but people have found it pretty funny at times.
but thank you for the input! I'll start reminded people a bit at the beginning without sounding like a broken record about it. Maybe do it with a joke attached or something.
yeah incorporate it into a joke :3 that'll be good

IceTwig

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
perfection! corny joke or not, I'll start doing that right away

RayKing45

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do ask viewers to like the video, comment and all that.. but they never really seem to actually do it.
I had a few fairly successful videos, albeit they were some of my worst back from what I was first starting and tried out adsense. Then I stopped paying and my channel calmed down a bit, now I get hardly any views and no one is really hitting the like button on the videos.

I usually ask at the end of the video. Should I try to start doing it at the beginning? or maybe not even bother asking at all?
I'm okay with the lowered view count because I know most of the subs are not "real" due to them mostly being from obvious spam accounts that must have found my channel through the ads. I just think like are an important to boost me in searches and recommended feeds.

or am I just overthinking it?
So, you actually PAID adsense? I am very reluctant to give YouTube any money at all, because I don't trust that business ... even though I'm using it. I think some really shady crap is going on behind the scenes. I have videos where the likes seemed to have decreased, and how is that even possible unless YouTube is doing it? I do not believe the same people who liked them turned around and disliked them; I just don't believe that at all. My followers are loyal, and my vids are only interesting to my kind of people. I joined this site to see how to improve my channel, but I see there may be too many phobic people on this one (LOL). Anyway... No, I don't think you're over-thinking when it comes to YT. Anything is possible.

Reactions: IceTwig