"Freedom.tm" and What I woke up to

KeniisuYT

YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I woke up this morning to find multiple things wrong with my channel:'

• My Revenue of $2.98 for the first 12 days of this month was gone from my earnings.
• All my monetized videos were unmonetized.
• Freedom's Partnership was nowhere to be found on my Dashboard.
Now I was wondering "Why?". Why was this happening especially because my channel's in good standing, no copyright strikes and my channel was growing greatly in the past week. This happened suspiciously after my revenue was increasing and I asked them when I was going to get paid via their support system. Honestly, I'm a little ticked at this because of how they've been fine as a network before, but upon my growth, this happens. (I just hit 2k views and nearly 150 subs.) At least on the bright side I appear to be un-linked from their network and everything should be fine. If anybody has a clue on why this happened or any tips on what I can do to get my well-deserved earnings please reply, thanks.

Commedi

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Freedom and any sub network below them has been known for stealing money. That's why I left, not because of the money but I found them very unhelpful and didn't want to go in a network like that.

KeniisuYT

YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Freedom and any sub network below them has been known for stealing money. That's why I left, not because of the money but I found them very unhelpful and didn't want to go in a network like that.
Well I was partnered previously with them and this never happened. Glad to know I'm at least out of their network and they didn't take a lot of money, but nonetheless it was still hard-earned. Thanks for replying so I know I'm not alone in this happening.

Reactions: Chance C

NuSpirit

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
One would think it might be because your revenue could be a bit fishy and system flagged you (2k views, 150 subs, almost $3) or second reason could be, if you were part of some freedom subnetwork, that they simply closed the subnetwork, because Youtube recently changed policy for subnetworks in their system.

However it is kinda hard to tell what was the real reason.

Shane

YouTube Network Addict
Reaction score
Your revenue figure in analytics is reset when you are unlinked / linked to a network, so that $2.98 will still be paid out to Freedom.

You should contact them to ask why you were unlinked.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben Hansen

Chance C

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Guru, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Other
Wow. I thought Freedom were quite a nice partner to be with for the youtube youngsters.

Commedi

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Wow. I thought Freedom were quite a nice partner to be with for the youtube youngsters.
Unfortunately no. Personally I won't even call them a network. I know people who just joined the network to gain revenue and most of them didn't get what they were promised.

Reactions: Redactive

KeniisuYT

YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
One would think it might be because your revenue could be a bit fishy and system flagged you (2k views, 150 subs, almost $3) or second reason could be, if you were part of some freedom subnetwork, that they simply closed the subnetwork, because Youtube recently changed policy for subnetworks in their system.

However it is kinda hard to tell what was the real reason.
Makes sense. The reason why the views were high is Reddit, because it was featured on the frontpage of /r/civ. If they were to investigate or even email me they would see that my top external source is Reddit and that's where the views have been pulled in from. Also I signed directly with Freedom, not a subnetwork.

Your revenue is reset when you are unlinked / linked from a network, so that $2.98 will still be paid out to Freedom.

You should contact them to ask why you were unlinked.
Ahhh, so I'll see what I can do in terms of Contact. Their support doesn't appear to be the very best as I haven't heard back from them about something I signed a form for a week ago...

Unfortunately no. Personally I won't even call them a network. I know people who just joined the network to gain revenue and most of them didn't get what they were promised.
Completely agree. They're revenue and terms are different than they usually state and their "tools" are barely helpful to the creators.

Reactions: Commedi

Chance C

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Guru, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Other
What would you say the best network is for the starting YouTubers now then? I mean, They hardly have anything at the low sub side, I mean it would be fullscreen wouldnt it? but you need a few subs to join that network. etc.

Commedi

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What would you say the best network is for the starting YouTubers now then? I mean, They hardly have anything at the low sub side, I mean it would be fullscreen wouldnt it? but you need a few subs to join that network. etc.
Honestly it varies. It depends if you do not want the money for revenue or if you do. If you do not want apps, then you want to look for a network that promises and gives the money you earn. Personally, I wouldn't even join any networks and connect yourself up with Adsense in that case. However, if you want apps, do not care about money that you can possible earn (get a cut), I would recommend something like Voustudios (the one I am currently in as of right now, though there are more) which has more apps and has a less cut than any other network.

The correct answer is that it varies of what you want.