First Video Idea, Many Video Ideas.

Michael Lebert

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I bought a few things to start making YT videos until I can afford better equipment
I have a cheap microphone and cheap tripod off ebay. I have a iphone 5 for video. My computer crashed so it needs to be fixed (even though i need to really get a good new computer) I HAVE A ISSUE I keep avoiding YT I need suggestions on what I should make a video of for my first real youtube video. I don't know what one category I'll make videos of but I know I want to make videos of my ideas and see what sticks. please help thanks!

Tivo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do you see yourself as a vlogger? Gamer? What made you want to start youtube?

Reactions: Michael Lebert

Michael Lebert

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do you see yourself as a vlogger? Gamer? What made you want to start youtube?
Well one of my older channels my friend and I (we are no longer friends) had gaming channels. Our latest has about 1,007 subscribers but I want to start a new channel and have maybe 3 channels or 1 channel with all videos i want to do. I plan on vlogging in awhile once i get bigger. I could do gaming partially but I am burnt out of gaming at least on ps3 it doesn't interest me much anymore. I want to do more real life videos. I had ideas like: Advice/Rant/Helping people/Talking about my experiences, Tutorials/How tos, gaming ( sometimes), Timelapse, short film, building things/reviews/unboxing.

Reactions: Tivo

Tivo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ahhhh ok, I see. That's cool that you have so many things in mind. Maybe you could write down each category of content you listed above and put them in a hat. Randomly choose one and make that video. Even if you pick something that you don't really want to do, you'll realize that there is one topic you kinda know that you should do. Pick that one.

Michael Lebert

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ahhhh ok, I see. That's cool that you have so many things in mind. Maybe you could write down each category of content you listed above and put them in a hat. Randomly choose one and make that video. Even if you pick something that you don't really want to do, you'll realize that there is one topic you kinda know that you should do. Pick that one.
So basically my first video I could just do anything it doesn't need to be specific or special?

Tivo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So basically my first video I could just do anything it doesn't need to be specific or special?
Some people have a "welcome to my channel" video. Personally I am waiting until I have more videos on my channel to make a montage out of them before I make that video. Worrying about the first video could make it harder to actually post a video. The sooner you post the first video, the easier it will be to start uploading more.

Michael Lebert

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Some people have a "welcome to my channel" video. Personally I am waiting until I have more videos on my channel to make a montage out of them before I make that video. Worrying about the first video could make it harder to actually post a video. The sooner you post the first video, the easier it will be to start uploading more.
I'm still wondering what to do. Maybe I should make a video talking about my ideas? and tell people to check my social medias out?

Tivo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That is a common first video to make. If you feel compelled to make an intro video, I would encourage you to do that. I would also encourage you to try to portray your unique style through that first video. A lot of people make a similar video to start off their channel so try to be creative :D

Michael Lebert

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That is a common first video to make. If you feel compelled to make an intro video, I would encourage you to do that. I would also encourage you to try to portray your unique style through that first video. A lot of people make a similar video to start off their channel so try to be creative :D
I'll do my best, not sure when I'll film and upload it but in person im not usually energetic but sometimes usually late at night during and after listening to certain music or watching certain videos ill get in a inspired and creative mood and on skype with my friends i could vibe and talk really good. not sure but i dont talk to those people anymore....well thanks for your help!

Reactions: Tivo