Fashion/Style/Beauty Youtubers

ColletteisaBear

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just doing better makeup in general. I sit around with palettes like "wow, these look so cute...but wtf should i do with them now?" Just challenge myself to have the confidence that I'll be successful with a new idea (I have turned one makeup fail so far into a win, which was nice) and then execute it.
I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN! Maybe just pick two colors and challenge yourself to make them work. Or you can draw inspiration from cartoon characters too! I tried simpler palettes first like Modern Renaissance or the Naked Heat palette, then went all out and decided to get the Subculture palette. That one is definitely crazy and I still struggle with it sometimes, but it’s always fun to experiment and at least try it.

Reactions: AllofTheAbove

AllofTheAbove

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer
True, those are good ideas. I always feel like two isn't enough, epecially with everyone around using like 3 or more colors. I had a great (if extreme) ombre look once, only posted it on insta once, but then had to delete my whole instagram account and forgot to save the pic elsewhere. Maybe I'll do it as a video sometime. I was just bored and messing around with colors that day.

Subculture looks fun, though.

ColletteisaBear

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
True, those are good ideas. I always feel like two isn't enough, epecially with everyone around using like 3 or more colors. I had a great (if extreme) ombre look once, only posted it on insta once, but then had to delete my whole instagram account and forgot to save the pic elsewhere. Maybe I'll do it as a video sometime. I was just bored and messing around with colors that day.

Subculture looks fun, though.
Have you studied color theories? You should look up color palettes such as contradictory or tertiary colors and try starting there! It could be fun to find ways to make red and green actually look nice together or blue and orange!

Reactions: AllofTheAbove

AllofTheAbove

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer
yeah, I've studied them

like, I know what colors look good together and all that, I just always think that people are going to hate them on me (happened in high school with black lipstick, only for it to now be a hot trend *eyeroll*), or dislike my makeup videos for some other reason. It's not that I don't know how to use color, it's that I have negative levels of confidence about people's reception of whatever I do.

Like, I know I make great outfit ideas, but I'm always dead certain everyone who sees me irl will say it's uglier than sin even if it's a super good outfit. I'm sure, by now you're saying "maybe youtube isn't the place for you" but it's for me to get out of that mindset.

ColletteisaBear

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
yeah, I've studied them

like, I know what colors look good together and all that, I just always think that people are going to hate them on me (happened in high school with black lipstick, only for it to now be a hot trend *eyeroll*), or dislike my makeup videos for some other reason. It's not that I don't know how to use color, it's that I have negative levels of confidence about people's reception of whatever I do.

Like, I know I make great outfit ideas, but I'm always dead certain everyone who sees me irl will say it's uglier than sin even if it's a super good outfit. I'm sure, by now you're saying "maybe youtube isn't the place for you" but it's for me to get out of that mindset.

No! I totally understand. But my friend gave me the best answer to a “thumbs down”, it means someone you don’t know came across your video and is giving you honest feedback. It means your channel is reaching more than just your friends! No matter what, just keep making things you enjoy. If you like it, so what if the next person hates it? For that one person who doesn’t like it, you’ll find 20 people who do. Making YouTube videos improved my confidence level a lot. Just keep practicing, I believe in you!

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don’t do strictly fashion on my channel, but I do comedy sketches and I also do haul videos and I have done a few makeup tutorials on my channel

Nikki120113

YTTalk's Cookie Pizza
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Other
Yeah I’m only currently posting once a week, I’m worried if I jump into twice a week then I’m going to overwhelm myself and you should totally do the wiggly eyebrow trend for a video also, there’s a good chance this thread will probably be locked because this specific mod is stalking every post and closing everything even though this forum is about gossip and chat, so if you want to move this conversation elsewhere, feel free to email me at colletteisabear@gmail.com
I think we're okay so far with this thread :) as long as we dont promote channels/videos & only discussing our content we should be fine.
That's exactly what I think about uploading more than once but then again, sometimes I bulk film in one day when I have a feeling i'll be busy in the next coming weeks so I always have video's to go up every week. I'll email you later today!

ColletteisaBear

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think we're okay so far with this thread :) as long as we dont promote channels/videos & only discussing our content we should be fine.
That's exactly what I think about uploading more than once but then again, sometimes I bulk film in one day when I have a feeling i'll be busy in the next coming weeks so I always have video's to go up every week. I'll email you later today!

They just ended up moving the thread which is whatever, *shrug*. And yeah, I've definitely filmed 2 in one day and then ultimately decided it was better off for me to just schedule them like normal, and then when I find a consistent schedule to film 2 videos all the time, then I'll do it. I don't get how some people film EVERY DAY!! Ahhhh!! That would drive me crazy haha.

Clarissa O. & Emily G.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi Everyone,

I also have a beauty channel and growth has been a bit slow. I post three times a week ( I recently had a partner but she backed out..so I had to change EVERYTHING on my channel) and its rough but if you have a schedule you wont be overwhelmed. I am still struggling to get views though.. not sure what I am doing wrong. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks!

ColletteisaBear

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi Everyone,

I also have a beauty channel and growth has been a bit slow. I post three times a week ( I recently had a partner but she backed out..so I had to change EVERYTHING on my channel) and its rough but if you have a schedule you wont be overwhelmed. I am still struggling to get views though.. not sure what I am doing wrong. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks!

I had to do a little bit of SEO studying, and it helped. But I wouldn’t worry about the views or subs right now, just focus on having fun and not overwhelming yourself! When you shine, people notice. I noticed that when I loosen up and stop trying to be perfect, people tend to watch more. Also pay attention to the videos of yours that are doing well and do more of those and cut out the ones that aren’t doing so well. Make the food even better, so to speak.