Drive organic traffic for your channel!

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi Guys :)

So I an thinking about starting running more organic traffic using social networks like Facebook, twitter and Instagram as I am looking for options to optimize my views and subscriber stats.

I am running a gaming channel and things just go to slow, I have another channel which is a car channel where I use instagram and tags to spread some short clips of my videos and so far its been a success as I get likes and new followers on my insta profile. But this is car videos not gaming so I don't know if I can accomplish the same results using that strategy. I am also in doubt if I should make a new instagram profile for my game channel or just one the current one I have? :thumbsdown2:

Because so far its only got car stuff and that will leave a mixed audience which might not be a good idea as they follow my channel due to the interest of super cars and if it goes more into cars or the opposite way I might loose more of each audience.

What do you guys think, how are you running organic traffic to your channel and do you use any forums that is dedicated to that exact game you are playing/have interest in?

Thanks for taking your time to read my post, I look forward to hear your positive response :thumbsup2:

Baylze

Overwatch YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm a little confused. Are you uploading videos about Cars & Gaming on the same channel? If so, consider splitting that content into two channels.

The problem with multi-genre content is that someone may enjoy the cars, and hate the gaming; so they may not subscribe. Focused channels always succeed more because the audience know what they're getting when they hit subscribe.

Reactions: darkstarmedia

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm a little confused. Are you uploading videos about Cars & Gaming on the same channel? If so, consider splitting that content into two channels.

The problem with multi-genre content is that someone may enjoy the cars, and hate the gaming; so they may not subscribe. Focused channels always succeed more because the audience know what they're getting when they hit subscribe.
Hi

No I have 2 channels one for gaming and one for cars but my instagram account is mostly focused on cars and consider to make a new one for my game channel :)

I thought I had explained that in my post :O_o2:

Baylze

Overwatch YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi

No I have 2 channels one for gaming and one for cars but my instagram account is mostly focused on cars and consider to make a new one for my game channel :)

I thought I had explained that in my post :O_o2:
The gaming industry on YouTube is arguably the biggest. It's the most difficult thing to stand out in on YouTube, purely because there is so much competition out there. You have to establish yourself as being unique in some sense; something has to be different, give the people a reason to subscribe to you over any other gamer that posts videos.

It's mainly just being a little different with gaming.

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The gaming industry on YouTube is arguably the biggest. It's the most difficult thing to stand out in on YouTube, purely because there is so much competition out there. You have to establish yourself as being unique in some sense; something has to be different, give the people a reason to subscribe to you over any other gamer that posts videos.

It's mainly just being a little different with gaming.
Yeah I hear that one many times but when you try something new every time which you think will work it turns out it either docent or slightly has an effect which is better than anything I suppose.

Painter

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah I hear that one many times but when you try something new every time which you think will work it turns out it either docent or slightly has an effect which is better than anything I suppose.
If you're going for something new and different make sure people would be interested in it. If your videos aren't gaining traffic, people aren't searching for that particular thing or there's too much competition for it. Find a good niche within the gaming community and stick with it. For small channels, you want to make content where the demand is high and the competition is low until your channel gains authority. Another thing, for the algorithm to start trusting your channel and ranking your videos, you need to be more consistent with your uploads and consistent with your content.

Reactions: Crown

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you're going for something new and different make sure people would be interested in it. If your videos aren't gaining traffic, people aren't searching for that particular thing or there's too much competition for it. Find a good niche within the gaming community and stick with it. For small channels, you want to make content where the demand is high and the competition is low until your channel gains authority. Another thing, for the algorithm to start trusting your channel and ranking your videos, you need to be more consistent with your uploads and consistent with your content.
Is a place/system you can use to find the niche within the gaming community?

Which games isn't there so much hype about but at the same time a big enough audience to gain awareness?

Painter

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Is a place/system you can use to find the niche within the gaming community?

Which games isn't there so much hype about but at the same time a big enough audience to gain awareness?
We all know GTA 5 is a popular game on youtube with about 79 million search results. For example: 'GTA 5 Funny Moments' is a popular/high traffic/high competition niche. It has about 14 million search results. It would be impossible for a small channel to rank for either of those. Now search for: 'GTA 5 Trolling' which has about 400,000 search results with high demand and less competition than the first two I mentioned above. This is just an example.

If I had a small gaming channel, I'd create content for new popular games like Watch Dogs 2. It won't bring you millions of views, but it will build up your channel authority.

Reactions: Oliver Andersen

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
We all know GTA 5 is a popular game on youtube with about 79 million search results. For example: 'GTA 5 Funny Moments' is a popular/high traffic/high competition niche. It has about 14 million search results. It would be impossible for a small channel to rank for either of those. Now search for: 'GTA 5 Trolling' which has about 400,000 search results with high demand and less competition than the first two I mentioned above. This is just an example.

If I had a small gaming channel, I'd create content for new popular games like Watch Dogs 2. It won't bring you millions of views, but it will build up your channel authority.
Where do you find out those things?

Battlefield 1 is my favorite game at the moment what about that?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

There seems to be a bit of confusion with terminology. :)

Organic growth of a channel means growth that happens from within. It's views that come in automatically without you haven't to run around manually promoting, posting or running advertising campaigns. When people refer to organic growth, we're talking about traffic sources such as "suggested videos" (in particular when your videos are suggested on other channels' videos), google search and YT search. ie once you start getting significant traffic from those sources, your channel will be automatically bringing in new viewers and subs every day without you having to do anything. That's why it's called "organic".

Social media and forums etc isn't organic because it's not automated. As soon as the creator stops posting to social media, forums etc, promoting, then the views will dry up. Also these sources tend to bring in views with lower than average audience retention because you are pushing your content. Organic growth has better audience retention because people are actively searching and clicking out of choice. Poor audience retention from the non-organic sources will harm your chances of getting decent traffic from the organic sources (because the organic sources are driven by the algorithm which looks at the view time)